Shopping is such fun! *sarcasm*

kyedigsme

I went shopping for a bathing suit for myself and swim trunks for my husband on Monday (my hubby didn't think he needed a new swim suit even though he wore his to his construction job last summer and totally dust-ified it - don't ask, hubby is slightly insane when it comes to dressing for work).

Anyway, it was quite easy to find swimming trunks for my husband. Finding clothing for me - now that's a nightmare. I'm small. Well, sort of. I wear a pants size 1 in the junior's section, and I would normally need a small shirt, but that's where things get a little dicey. I've been blessed (once again, sarcasm!) with a wonderful (yeah right) hormone system that has decided that birth control pills = going through puberty again = add more weight to a certain upper region = spilling out of 34Ds. Finding a 34DD? Not likely. Finding a proper fitting swim suit? Forget it. Obviously, I have to buy separates - XS bottom and M to L top. Problem with bigger top is my torso and arms are still that of a small 32B person, so there's extra fabric everywhere except around the ladies. They're still smashed and falling out. Sound fun?

Enter bathing suit section from supposedly hot underground areas. No organization whatsoever. No matching bottoms for tops. And then try looking for my sizes on top of that? Not a chance. After two hours, I gave up. Hubby got swimming trunks, and I got a headache.

I have the same issue...the only swimsuits that fit me are the string bikini ones where there's enough fabric to cover the "goodies" but you can tie the strings however tiny you need them.

Of course, I can easily fit into children's size bottoms, so I end up with an xs junior bottom then find swim shorts (or little boy swim trunks) to go over them because I lack junk in the trunk lol.

Your best bet would be to find separates that are a solid color so that you can shop from different stores for the top and bottom to ensure that they both fit comfortably.

I think most of us have issues with swimsuits because no one is made the same. I do what moni_rawr said for the most part. I have black solid bottoms and then you can wear pretty much any top you can find that fits.

Yes, I believe that would be the best idea.

I have the same issue...the only swimsuits that fit me are the string bikini ones where there's enough fabric to cover the "goodies" but you can tie the strings however tiny you need them.

I'm not big into string bikini tops. I was raised in a somewhat conservative family, and I still feel that even though all the necessary parts are covered, anything like a string bikini is for my husband's eyes only. I lean towards tankini type suits. The one I have currently is sort of a tube top thing with a string that goes around my neck. The halter top tankinis don't always provide enough support, so I try to look for ones with a little bit more fabric in between the girls.

P.S. Please don't take offense to my bathing suit view. By no means do I believe that women that wear string bikinis are prostitutes, attention-seekers, etc. Bikinis are rather commonplace now, and other people wearing them doesn't bother me. I just wouldn't feel comfortable wearing such things myself.

No worries, everyone has their own preference on what they like to wear along with what they believe is appropriate to wear in public. :)

I used to be the same way, until I ended up spending a lot of time in tattoo shops with hardly any clothes on, so now I'm a bit more comfortable wearing swim suits that show off more skin...although I still believe if you wear short shorts, you should wear a t-shirt rather than a spaghetti strap/tube top lol.

Have you tried looking at the separates they have at Victoria's Secret? I know that some of their tops have decent support and coverage, and they also have the Pink selection if their normal "adult" sizes don't fit. Or if you're a chance taker, you can try making a top yourself so that it fits you perfectly, and you can match them to bottoms you already have/want.

• 3 weeks later...

It usually goes the same when I go shopping with my girlfriend. It is quite funny actually, usually she has a good idea of what she intends to get while I am there to accompany her. Yet in the end, I am the one with more shopping goodies than her. I guess it is hard to shop with so many factors.