Habi Help: Can somebody make a layout for my Habi? (Blossom Meadow)

ClatoEverlark

Please, please, please, PLEAAAAAASE. I really need help.

My Habi is out of control right now. I have 10 Nesters (for egg discarding rituals lol)

And unknown number or Soldiers (I have a loooot!) and Workers (only few).

Please, somebody kind out there? :sad02: With the same Habi as me....blossom meadows...please? Show me your layout..?

Man how I don't like Blossom Meadows :shiftyeyes_anim: It's so messy. Grrr. Idk why I chose that though.

tumblr_m49iv4f7Ju1rw8jxro1_1280.png

My current Habi. Sad..sad..P3s... :sad01_anim:

You're right, that one is messy. I had it before my first lockout and i found it tricky. But i have tried all 3 and they all have their problems. First thing i would say is that you don't need the hospitals, houses do just as well. Also the teeth around them are not needed. the only thing you need to block off is your storage you can do that with some glowing embers or something along where the row of 3 nests are. If you don't absolutely need all those nests i would also get rid of some of them, but keep them in your bag for when you get to level 41. For some inspiration look here. http://www.neopets.com/~mulinz. The most important thing for a pretty habi in my opinion is.......... Get rid of the larnikins :thumbsdown:

habi.png

This is mine :) Here are a few tips I think might help you (to add to what was mentioned above):

1) Block off all but 1 side of a resource, this way p3s don't move around when gathering

2) I only keep 6 nests and it's enough to keep up with my p3 supply needs as well as the occasional discards.

3) Have 1 soldier per 10 levels you are allowed to have, so if you can have are level 30, have 3 soldiers. You don't need much more to fight off pests at each levels. I keep 5 soldiers at level 50.

4) All my buildings are spaced out so that nothing is obscuring them when I have to repair. My storages are still inaccessible but have space for me to put my p3s in when I repair. This way you're not clogging up your Habi with tons of decorations.

These will work if your method of levelling up is solely gathering resources with a bit of discarding. But in any other methods, you really don't need a lot of soldiers.

And just to keep things looking orderly, I only use Glowing Embers because they're flat and don't obscure my view. I'm horribly OC like that :P Good luck!

Yeah, you really do have a lot going on in that habi. None of it is organized. I agree with Rune, I like low to the ground decorations to block of spaces. I don't really block off my resources so much because I have my workers all working on one spot at a time and they typically sync up so it looks like "one" worker... anyway... here's my habi

5a90k.jpg

2ijp8y9.jpg

Here is mine. I have 5 soldiers, 7 nesters, and the rest workers. I know I have a toooooonne of storages, but this works best for me because I can only check my Habi twice a day during the week normally, and I don't have time to go on spending sprees daily (I leave my Habi going 24/7, generally). So by having a lot of storages, I'm generally good for a while.

I like others, have boxed my P3s in. :)

Notice though, I haven't really covered any area that I can get purple gems. I think one of my decorations is covering one spot, and I could probaly move a couple of storages, but on the whole, my gem area is almost completely clear. :)

Screenshot2012-05-19at20800PM.png

I have 10 soldiers (5 out and about and 5 in the barracks)

22 workers (11 out and about and 11 in the hospitals)

13 nesters (all on nests with one empty nest so that it's easier to move them when it's time to collect their eggs)

I only allow soldiers around the storages just in case I get attacked

Blocked in some workers using the nests so that it's easier to fix them up when needed.

Lined up the hospitals because I saw that was best, so I can see all of them, and it's easy for the workers/soldiers to fix them up when needed.

As for the barracks...that was the spot I believe was the best fit for them.

I try to keep all the storages/hospitals/barracks against the outskirts so that they only have 1-2 sides showing, making it easier to guard them.

I have 10 soldiers (5 out and about and 5 in the barracks)

22 workers (11 out and about and 11 in the hospitals)

13 nesters (all on nests with one empty nest so that it's easier to move them when it's time to collect their eggs)

I only allow soldiers around the storages just in case I get attacked

Blocked in some workers using the nests so that it's easier to fix them up when needed.

Lined up the hospitals because I saw that was best, so I can see all of them, and it's easy for the workers/soldiers to fix them up when needed.

As for the barracks...that was the spot I believe was the best fit for them.

I try to keep all the storages/hospitals/barracks against the outskirts so that they only have 1-2 sides showing, making it easier to guard them.

You'll proably want to rearrange things when you get to level 50- you don't have much room available for gems! They only land on your original map area (the 11x11 square (I think it's 11x11?) that you started level 1 with), and you have most of that used up with your storages and nests, etc.

You'll proably want to rearrange things when you get to level 50- you don't have much room available for gems! They only land on your original map area (the 11x11 square (I think it's 11x11?) that you started level 1 with), and you have most of that used up with your storages and nests, etc.

I didn't know that, thanks! I have it spaced out right now so it's easy to repair everything, but I'll start thinking of ways to rearrange for when I get closer to Level 50. :)

Here's mine: I just rearranged it because of this board. If anyone could tell me how it looks (in terms of gems and blocking) that'd be great!

Screenshot2012-05-19at84242PM-1.jpg

I've got 4 soliders: 5 nesters: the rest workers (41/46 population have to hatch some more) Blocked off the workers, instead of the storages (didn't need to do both)

Edited by YukiHitsugaya

My mentality with my habi is pretty simple. Block as little of the 11 x 11 area that the gems come in as possible, and keep things simple and off to the side. I don't have any decorations, or even keep my houses out all the time. My habi runs better when I have as little as possible out. The way it is set up now I can get to about 54,000 of each resource before my storage fill up. Which means I need to build the nests as i have shown there once a day. If i am lazy I grab the 8 that I have in my safety deposit box and put them where the nests are being built right now and leave that out over night.

My basic rules of thumbs are:

4 soldiers (they can handle themselves)

4 nesters (once you reach level 50 to replenish after deaths more in lower levels to stock up)

the rest are workers

Never hatch that last p3 so that way you know what the nesters are hatching

Block in workers not the storage because it requires less on the board (less lag)

After all that remember that it is a game. So do whatever works best for you.

Habi.png

I didn't know that, thanks! I have it spaced out right now so it's easy to repair everything, but I'll start thinking of ways to rearrange for when I get closer to Level 50. :)

No problem! I had to do a lot of rearranging at level 50 too. :) I generally just leave everything to decay for a couple days, pull it apart while my workers are in their houses, and let the soliders do their thing, then put it all back. :)

Here's mine: I just rearranged it because of this board. If anyone could tell me how it looks (in terms of gems and blocking) that'd be great!

Screenshot2012-05-19at84242PM-1.jpg

I've got 4 soliders: 5 nesters: the rest workers (41/46 population have to hatch some more) Blocked off the workers, instead of the storages (didn't need to do both)

That looks so much more efficient :D

Woodnymph: But I love Larnikins! :O Don't you think they're adorable? Hahaha (:

Rune: I will minimize the population of my soldiers next time. Ahahah. But the pests are so many :S Maybe because of the number of food in my Habi.

nURLo: Will change my decors ASAP! :laughingsmiley: But I don't like blocking my Storages, it's a pain when repairing them :( Been there, done that.

Scoptophobia: How in the world can you keep up with all the repairing and moving?! Geez, I bow to you!!! xD

moni_rawr: I love your layout :) It looks really neat to me! I agree, rearranging for level 50 is a must!

YukiHitsugaya: Oh you guys with the max level (((: I think you need to rearrange *hint hint* more space for purple gems...? :S

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HELPED! Looking forward to rearranging my habitarium..SOON. >____>

Woodnymph: But I love Larnikins! :O Don't you think they're adorable? Hahaha (:

Rune: I will minimize the population of my soldiers next time. Ahahah. But the pests are so many :S Maybe because of the number of food in my Habi.

nURLo: Will change my decors ASAP! :laughingsmiley: But I don't like blocking my Storages, it's a pain when repairing them :( Been there, done that.

Scoptophobia: How in the world can you keep up with all the repairing and moving?! Geez, I bow to you!!! xD

moni_rawr: I love your layout :) It looks really neat to me! I agree, rearranging for level 50 is a must!

YukiHitsugaya: Oh you guys with the max level (( (: I think you need to rearrange *hint hint* more space for purple gems...? :S

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HELPED! Looking forward to rearranging my habitarium..SOON. >____>

Hahaha, it really isn't too hard. :) A little time consuming, but it works for me. :3

And yes, the more food you have in your Habi, the more pests will come. If you want to tempt the pests to get the red gems, leave out one piece of food, but block it in so your p3s can't eat it. :b But generally, I don't even bother doing that- I seem to get a tonne of pests without leaving any food out!

FINALLY hit level 50! *happy dance*

So I rearranged some, but will have to wait until "death day" as I like to call it, so that I can get rid of some nests and make everything look simpler.

Screenshot2012-05-20at104548PM.png

Thanks ClatoEverlark! Took me over half an hour to decide how I was going to arrange everything so that there were enough soldiers in each spot and such.

FINALLY hit level 50! *happy dance*

So I rearranged some, but will have to wait until "death day" as I like to call it, so that I can get rid of some nests and make everything look simpler.

Screenshot2012-05-20at104548PM.png

Thanks ClatoEverlark! Took me over half an hour to decide how I was going to arrange everything so that there were enough soldiers in each spot and such.

Congrats! :D It's so awesome to finally get there, eh?

Man how I don't like Blossom Meadows :shiftyeyes_anim: It's so messy. Grrr. Idk why I chose that though.

I agree with you! Had I known how this map was going to look I probably would've gone with another one. I chose it when Habi first came out and thought 'That's a pretty name!' so I went with it *lol*

I have mine set up much like scoptophobia, with everything along the sides. I find it's much cleaner that way.

I agree with you! Had I known how this map was going to look I probably would've gone with another one. I chose it when Habi first came out and thought 'That a pretty name!' so I went with it *lol*

I have mine set up much like scoptophobia, with everything along the sides. I find it's much cleaner that way.

I think "Meadow" got me. Hahahaha.

I rearranged my Habi now thanks to you guys who helped (:

Forgive my technological handicappedness but.. Can someone tell me how to get a screenshot of my Habi with Google Chrome? I have no clue...

Edit~ Even though I know y'all are done posting the pics and stuff, I'd still like to know how to do it, if no one minds?

Can someone tell me how to get a screenshot of my Habi with Google Chrome? I have no clue...

Depends on the computer:

PC: hit the "print screen" button (don't worry, it wont actually print anything. The screenshot should go to your desktop)

Mac: hold "command" "shift" and "3". The screenshot will go to your desktop

I'd do that, usually on a PC on the right of the keyboard there's a "print screen" above the number pad..since you're on a laptop..the "print" button might do the same thing, but I'm not exactly sure about that.

Oh, turd dumplings... I didn't know you meant on the KEYBOARD!!!! LMBO!!!!!! See? I know nuts about computers :D I see it now..

MyHabitarium.png

Ok, this was just to test it out.. I still couldn't use the PrtSc. button on my laptop becasue, well, it's a laptop and apparently I need a USB keyboard to use the Print Screen function.. So I had to take the snapshot on Neo, save it to my desktop, then upload it to Photobucket and THEN I was able to post it here. I almost feel like I deserve a standing ovation; I was told to try the snapshot option by someone, the rest I figured out on my own :P

Oh, turd dumplings... I didn't know you meant on the KEYBOARD!!!! LMBO!!!!!! See? I know nuts about computers :D I see it now..

MyHabitarium.png

Ok, this was just to test it out.. I still couldn't use the PrtSc. button on my laptop becasue, well, it's a laptop and apparently I need a USB keyboard to use the Print Screen function.. So I had to take the snapshot on Neo, save it to my desktop, then upload it to Photobucket and THEN I was able to post it here. I almost feel like I deserve a standing ovation; I was told to try the snapshot option by someone, the rest I figured out on my own :P

Wow, Habis are so pretty with all the NC paint jobs. *_* Too bad I'm too cheap! hahah. :D

I couldn't resist, I LOVE my Habi :D Unfortunately I didn't realize that your P3's die after a certain amount of time and spent a lot on ink droppers for them.. Won't do that again :mellow: But I still like playing around with the buildings and changing up the background once in a while :)