Restocking

Sweet_Jasmine

I am saving for a paintbrush that I want really badly. So I'm trying to get enough money as fast as I can. Is restocking help you earn a lot of np? What items are best for restocking and what items are not and when to restock?

Yes, restocking can help you earn a lot of neopoints. I'd suggest getting to know one store's inventory (Stamps or Books or hotdogs or whatever) and focusing your efforts there. Spend some time finding out what restocks commonly, and what sells for more. The bookstore is a good place to start!

There are shops that are easier to restock at and ones that can give you an insane profit from certain items. The Magic Shop, for instance, stocks Morphing Potions and such, but because of the great items that stock there, many people RS there. The book shop and food shop are good places to start. You can make profit, more, as Mary said, when you know the stock and what is more profitable. Remember, restocking a bunch of less profitable items can earn you just as much as restocking some of the bigger items, and there is less competition. And there ARE rare foods (neggs, for instance) and books that RS, so the chances for profit are endless.

Yup, RSing really helps. Familiarize your self first with the shops. I started with the following shops:

Supey Icy Fun Snow Shop http://www.neopets.c...hop&obj_type=37

Bakery http://www.neopets.c...hop&obj_type=15

Pharmacy http://www.neopets.c...hop&obj_type=13

Chocolate Shop http://www.neopets.c...hop&obj_type=14

Igloo

Bookmark the shops you want to RS at. I use Chrome bec. it loads faster for me. Be careful not to over refresh to avoid being RS banned (which may last from 1hr-1day I think).

The profit are not as big as Magic Shop or Stamps but they are still good (for me at least). And sometimes, Snow Food Shop RSes gourmette/kad foods which sell a lot.

Also, never buy items which RS for 2,500 (most resell for 1K ONLY). If ever you saw an item that RSes for 5,000 or 10,000 and up, they are r90+ and hence, resell a lot. Note that not all 5K and 10K items are profitable but MOST are. Take a risk and don't bother price checking. Also, the 2.5K, 5K and 10K rule mostly applies only to Food shops. It does not apply to Magic Shop, Weapons Shops, Royal Potions, Armour Shops, Kaylas Potions, Pharmacy, and many others.

All of these tips are really great!

To add, I too have made many NPs from restocking. Many of these have been from the Chocolate Factory.

Another tip to restocking is try to restock items that are "consumable"...ie. books, food, pharmacy items. I find that if they disappear when you use them, they generally tend to be worth more NPs. That being said, Petpets and Plushies are big collectible items, so you may want to consider those too.

TDN also has a nice tutorial here: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/restocking/

I just started restocking. I've been using the bookshop, and have had a couple of good buys from there. (Though, I'm finding it a bit hard to sell the books, since others buy them and then I have to keep checking the SW to see if my items still the lowest priced one).

If it's possible for you, the best time to restock is between midnight n 3am NST. There's usually around 5000-6000 users online, compared to 15000+ during the day. I know it's pretty hard for me since I would have to be online between 3-6am EST :( but when I can, I try to go for stamps

Restocking is a great way of making Neopoints! There are some nice guides here and here and here.

The Faerie Bookshop is a good place to start for beginners, as there's hardly ever any competition, giving you time to check anything you want to buy on the Shop Whiz to make sure you'll make a profit, and usually you also have enough time to haggle the price down a fair amount, giving you even more profit.

Once you've mastered that, try moving on to a different store, depending on how much competition you have in each store, you can decide where you want to check things over with the Shop Whiz and/or haggle, and where it's best to just dive straight in and grap whatever you can as fast as you can!

Good luck! ^^