Neopets; Over-advertising, commercializing and greediness.

I really can't comprehend. I was Googling "grandfathered" (obvious I wasn't here on Neo for too long, huh?) when I saw the word "neopets" defined on Urban Dictionary and I was immediately intrigued 'cause you know, UD. You never know what cracks might write in there :woot:

Yep, you guessed it, it was immediately on my tabs. I read...I guess more than a few. And it was all about how terrible Neopets is now. And the usual TNT is....well, you know it.

[screenshot removed per below]

It makes me really really upset. But I know it's true. 'Cause if it's not..these previous Neopians wouldn't write these things about Neo.

But honestly though, I never encountered any n00bs around Neo. Mainly, 'cause I don't really waste my time on the Neoboards. I prefer outside forums instead. Like TDN :rock:

But yeah must I agree Neo is WAY TOO OVER CENSORED. As for commercializing..there's nothing wrong with merchs if that's what they're talking about.

TNT, like the government on most countries, sucks. But they're in the business, I understand. They're supposed to be making money. BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN NOT MEETING THE NEEDS OF NEOPIANS!!!!

Or, is it Viacom's fault? Maybe that's why. I DON'T EVEN KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!! :sad02:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't post any images/screenshots that contain foul language, this is just as bad as typing the words themselves.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

For the censure, I agree. They are trying to protect kids on this side, okay. But what is now inappropriate .. :rolleyes_anim:

As for the commercials I use adblock. They need money and this is a profitable way to get it. But for the amount of commercials they could update the glitches on the side - and not just the ones that affect their money earning (such as NC mall)

But Neopets have definitely changed. Some things are good, some bad. But sadly I see a Neoapocalypse in the future, that we won't survive. *vanishes in a mysterious smoke*

They don't even allow the word "sucks" there. o_O

Quite reasonable but still. Now I have to find a new word replacement which is extremely hard and aggravating.

So have you encountered any so-called n00bs? As for me, no..luckily!

I apologize for my post above. I guess that was mildly vulgar. *le shrug* :*

As for the commercials I use adblock. They need money and this is a profitable way to get it. But for the amount of commercials they could update the glitches on the side - and not just the ones that affect their money earning (such as NC mall)

I know right? The glitches that aren't NC/major site events are just set aside. Gourmet club bowls anyone? I've never been able to play that game in the last three years, i vaguely remember playing on my earlier accounts, maybe 2004-ish.

I know right? The glitches that aren't NC/major site events are just set aside. Gourmet club bowls anyone? I've never been able to play that game in the last three years, i vaguely remember playing on my earlier accounts, maybe 2004-ish.

No. It bothers me most that it is an AVATAR game! :grrr:

As for the n00bs, yes. While playing KQ, constantly offering junk on my trades and occasionally NF requests. I mostly ignore them, but I was never like this! I didn't have the guts to randomly neomail or neofriend someone or to offer junk. I was more a loner back then :D