Key Quest : Lags and problems

Lady Kakata

Now, I've just started Key Quest but I DREAD it when a mini-game square is landed. Why? Because the game likes to mess around >_O

The lag on two games is HORRIFIC. In the Ghastly Guzzler game, the Esophagor does NOT run smoothly, and I cannot duck in time or even throw things at his mouth! It's the most unfair game I come across as 90% of animation frames are lost!

In Flower Frenzy, I honestly have been in a game where my opponent harvested four flowers when I could not even harvest one! The can waters unbelievably slowly and there's a massive delay between moving my mouse and the can, plus switching over tools!

In the Spyder game, the Spyder likes to pretend it doesn't understand what I'm asking it to go >_O

In the Cuttlebot game (Orblitorator?), the Cuttlebot outright refuses to acknowledge I'm asking it to grab an orb a lot of the time. Same with the Berry game, apparently it doesn't recognise what I'm clicking!

Actually, file the Nova matching game under that as well.

Oh the Meowclops game ... STUPID MEOWCLOPS >_O Again, I don't think the hose quite knows what I'm aiming at

In fact, the only game I can do good at is the fishing game!

Anyone else having these hideous issues? I've tried the alternative link for Keyquest, nothing seems to improve this

EDIT : Oh, and the flower matching game. It's so slow I'm convinced it's a joke

I'm not sure if there are different versions of the low resolutions link. Have you tried this link?: http://images.neopet...yQuest.swf?v=34

Also, I don't know if you've tried this on the other link you tried, but you have to right click and then set the quality to 'low' yourself. It's not smooth-running automatically.

If the problem still persists, it may just be your computer.

If you do manage to work it out, there are a few things to know. In low resolution, the text of the cards (power-ups, duels, random events, key notices) will be misplaced and annoying to look at. You can keep the Quality setting on 'medium' for the regular part of the game and quickly switch it to 'low' for the minigames.

Some of the glitches you mentioned are still present in low res:

• Spyder Scare is the glitchiest of the minigames. It's very easy to get stuck at the top of the web and become unable to swoop down. Nothing the low res can fix.
  • Flower Frenzy can still get 'stuck' and not count the musical flowers you click on occasions. This usually happens if you go too fast or if your game window is being slowed down by another window or tab. This game is not to be confused with Neogarden Grow. You seem to confuse the two.
  • Neogarden Grow runs much faster and you will be able to water and cut flowers much faster. Keep in mind that it is faster to water all of the flowers first before you cut them. Also, remember you can water two flowers at once, but the places where you can do that are quite narrow. Once you find them, take a mental note and water in those two spots for every game.
  • In Orbliterator, you may have noticed that some purple orbs are noncollectable. This is a common glitch but it is rather easy to tell the collectables from the noncolectables. All the purple orbs from the start of the game are collectables. The mini geysers will explode and blow away all the orbs in the area, but it also adds new purple orbs to the playing field. The purple orbs that actually fly from the geyser to the playing field are the collectables. The ones that seem to appear out of thin air into place are the noncollectables.
  • In Fruit Picker, if two people grab the same fruit, the fruit glitches out and it becomes a tug of war for the fruit. Hold the clicker down until the fruit lands in the basket.
  • Nova Matcher, Shenkuu Showers, Ghastly Guzzler, Petpetpet Snare, Petpet Pamper, Berry Blast, snd Petpet Pond should all work normally.

One more thing, even in low resolution, the minigames can still suffer from lag and slowdown if another window or tab is open.

Now, I've just started Key Quest but I DREAD it when a mini-game square is landed. Why? Because the game likes to mess around >_O

The lag on two games is HORRIFIC. In the Ghastly Guzzler game, the Esophagor does NOT run smoothly, and I cannot duck in time or even throw things at his mouth! It's the most unfair game I come across as 90% of animation frames are lost!

In Flower Frenzy, I honestly have been in a game where my opponent harvested four flowers when I could not even harvest one! The can waters unbelievably slowly and there's a massive delay between moving my mouse and the can, plus switching over tools!

In the Spyder game, the Spyder likes to pretend it doesn't understand what I'm asking it to go >_O

In the Cuttlebot game (Orblitorator?), the Cuttlebot outright refuses to acknowledge I'm asking it to grab an orb a lot of the time. Same with the Berry game, apparently it doesn't recognise what I'm clicking!

Actually, file the Nova matching game under that as well.

Oh the Meowclops game ... STUPID MEOWCLOPS >_O Again, I don't think the hose quite knows what I'm aiming at

In fact, the only game I can do good at is the fishing game!

Anyone else having these hideous issues? I've tried the alternative link for Keyquest, nothing seems to improve this

EDIT : Oh, and the flower matching game. It's so slow I'm convinced it's a joke

My issues are identical to yours:( I have tried in low res and it's not a whole lot better, but i found that having my habi running at the same time makes it a whole lot worse. I've actually given up trying to play, but a while back i found a thread on one of the neoboards for people with the same problems, who wanted to play but didn't want to be getting a bad name for quitting so we just stuck to playing each other. See if you can find it, and if not start one of your own. There are tons of people who are having the same issues with the minigames and the freezing thing. I'll play with you when i'm online:)

I basically give up any hope of winning the minigame if either the spyder one or the orbliteration one come up. Neogarden grow has "sweet spots" that water two flowers at once, clicking 4 times makes all the flowers fully grown, then you have to cut them off as fast as you can. For me, the only game that works well every single time is shenkuu showers.

You can ask people to play games with no mini games. (If you land on a mini game space, just don't play or get any points and the computer will chose the winner). I also have problems with spyder scare, sometimes it does the grabbing movment at the top or I click and it doesn't move. Happens all the time in the low rez, but my computer is worse on high rez.

• 11 months later...

I'm usually only good at the berry blaster, shenkuu showers and fruit picker games. When they come up I win a good portion, with the others I barely stand a chance.

I just played a one on one match and the berry blaster game came up, yay.

But the lag it produced was something I've never experienced before, I'd move one way and my cursor would move another. After 20 seconds it registered a few clicks of mine and ended up clicking my home button and losing me at worst a silver key in the progress.

How fun.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact hrtbrk if you have any questions regarding this action.