The Thread Of Close Calls ...

Angeló

Today I saw a Krawk Card in a user's shop , selling for 85k ..

Krawk Card is a gold-back , which means it's very very rare .. and goes for 600k+ on the TP

First I thought it's a fake item scam , but I had already bought one item from that user with no problems

I went to the bank to withdraw the money quickly , came back to the shop , and the card is gone !

Needless to say , I banged my head on the keyboard for 16 minutes straight !!

I know many Neopians brag about their "restocks" , "snipes" or their "omg i just beat the avatar score by 1 point" ... but I'm sure the dark side of the moon is full of heart-wrenching stories of "close calls" ...

Care to share a story ? :)

I had one just the other day. I was searching for codestones and I came across one for 1NP so I hurried into the shop and bought it. However, there was also a Pirate PP Paint Brush in there for 1NP. I was kind of unsure at first but then I was like okay hurry I have to buy it. Uhh that didn't happen. I was so mad at myself that I didn't get it when I had the chance. =[

If you mean close calls in general (not related to restocking or sniping) then I had one not too long ago.

I was being lent a Pirate Meowclops for free for the avatar. I only had one other item in my inventory at the time of the lend. The next page I visited after retuning the petpet, the Pant Devil attacked and stole my only other item. I was shaking I was so scared!

Now I know how important it is to keep your inventory full while being lent >_<

oh gosh i've had quite a few, but i think i purged them from my memory because i don't remember any right away.

one of the most nerve-wracking ones i've had was when i was trying to get into the high scores for nbl, and was 2 away half an hour before trophy time. but then i somehow miraculously i got bumped up, yikes. that was deffo a close call.