I "broke up" with a friend...

Lady Lyuba

...I could really use some advice or support. Basically, it was the friend I had talked about in a previous topic in this forum section. I really had had enough of her tonight. All I wanted was to see how she was doing handling a virus on her laptop, and she overreacted. And I had apparently "hurt her feelings" for "accusing her of doing nothing" when I was just being honest. After trying to wrap up the convo, explaining what I was trying to do and get at, she then started wishing her closest friend was with he bcause she "could really use a friend now". As if I weren't her friend. But you see, if somebody does not word things correctly, I will not understand, and that's what happened, so I went "You mean I'm not your friend anymore? o_O " (because I'm just stupid like that). And then she got even MORE upset.

Then she stopped talking to me, and so I went out for help for another close friend. I then told her, the fighting friend, why we cannot talk as much anymore, and stick to roleplaying only. I'm sure that will upset her even more, and will go so far as to think I have abandoned her as a friend, because she takes everything to the extreme. I think she has severe Asperge's Syndrome, and I have difficulty talking to people with the disability (as I am mildly afflicted myself, but not nearly as bad as her). If she were neurotypical, she would be easier to talk to and I probably would be better friends with her.

So in other words, I "broke up" with somebody close to me. This is hurting me as much as her, and this is also kinda my first "break up". Okay, that term is used more for dating...but, whatever. I'm having a hard time handling this. Um...what to do?

Awww hun =(. Im sure not all is lost!!! That sounds like things just really got out of control. I think maybe you should just write an apology and say that you didn't mean for things to sound the way that they sounded. She might not reply for a while, but she'll most likely still read it, so you just need to give her time.

It sounds like she means a lot to you, so don't give up!

But, if that doesn't work, and she isn't interested in talking to you for good, maybe it's best to let things go. You can really never know in these situations...

Hope things work out!!! xx

I think Angel is right, you can't force someone to forgive you (believe me I've tried).

All you can do is apologize straight from your heart, and hope that she realizes you mean it. Crossing my fingers for you hun! *hugs*

Oh, and definitely let us know how things work out!!!! Maybe the situation changes and we might be able to help you.

But I really hope you guys make up =), it sounds like you guys had a great friendship =).

In my opinion, it's not all your fault because she should understand that things come off in a different manner to you, and after cooling down, she probably realized that she could have said it differently. The whole situation sounds like one big mix-up and is no one's fault.

From your post, it sounds as if you no longer want to be friends with her, but still want to keep in contact with roleplaying...which leaves the door open for the possibility of a friendship in the future. I would suggest that both of you need space right now to clear your heads. Find things you like to do and keep yourself busy with them; perhaps hang out with other friends. Maybe after a while, you will have a friendship with her (if that is what you want), but it will take time for the pain to go away because it's something that people cope with differently.

I think, again, you need a break from her. Keep in mind that "breaking up" happens frequently to everyone. I have one former close friend who I used to tell my deepest secrets to, now, I have no idea what's happening in her life. Haven't spoken with her in years. Friends change.

However, in THIS case, whether or not you decide to permanently "break up" with her isn't the issue currently. You need a rest from this emotional turmoil. You deserve a rest. Her illness is causing you to become sick and you obviously can't do anything more currently, especially with your patience running so low. (Understandable, of course.)

She needs to seek professional help which is unfortunately something you can't provide for her. If she can't seek or, and if she isn't following your lead, there's nothing more to do.

I read a story once about a boyfriend and the girlfriend. She couldn't heal him, he was depressed, and aggressive. She realized that it was actually more loving of her to "let him go", perhaps it's the same thing for you. Perhaps it's more loving for you to let her go. Hey, maybe she'll even seek the treatment she needs?

It was very kind of you to keep up the roleplay. Obviously you love her and still care. You can love someone and not be friends.

I wish the best for both of you and applaud your goals.

I hope she feels a bit better in coming months.