Is There a way. . .

Sweet_Jasmine

you can't really prevent something like that from not happening in a random event. the only thing u can do is place another pet as your active pet, that way if it does happen it won't ruin your usul

There are no species changing Random Events. For color changing REs, they only affect your active pet. The only way to not be able to be affected at all, is to have an Unconverted pet as your active, since TNT made them safe from color changing REs.

If you don't have an UC pet, the best way is to leave a cheaply painted pet, or your lab pet as your active.

Afraid there isn't!

If your pet is happy though, you won't have to worry about the blue or red events -- those are just if you leave your pets unhappy for too long. Unfortunately, that still leaves Boochi and the invisible RE.

:(

If it makes you feel better -- I have been playing Neopets (on and off) since 2001, and I have NEVER had a colour changing RE -- not even the one where Boochi misses! :) So they are quite rare!

On a contrary to an above post, while they are rare...

I had 3 in one month one time. Each time my pet was painted expensive. (Yet it was the cheapest, still)

I think after a certain value... (besidse UC's) they should be 'immune' or it can only happen once. Or you can buy Boochi defenders or something. Not sure about teh invisible.

I have never gotten one of these events but after seeing all of these terrible stories about their royal amazing draiks being turned into red lupes and stuff like that I never keep my island lupe as my active

I have never gotten one of these events but after seeing all of these terrible stories about their royal amazing draiks being turned into red lupes and stuff like that I never keep my island lupe as my active

There is no species changing RE. :) If someone's Draik turned into a Lupe, they either used a morphing potion, or accidentally labbed them.

Well, there are a couple of battledome items that change species as well, but they usually aren't used, because... well, that's just mean! :P

But either way, it doesn't just randomly happen. Their royal draik may have turned red, but it didn't turn into a lupe. :)

Don't set a painted pet as your active. Those RE's only hit your active pet. If all of your pets are painted, choose a pet that has the less expensive paint job so it's cheaper to replace. If you don't have four pets, you could adopt one from the pound and use it as a defender (keep it as your active) so your other pets don't get zapped or anything.

Since the question has been covered from pretty much all sides, I'm going to close the topic.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.