Help with setting goals?

Venka

Since I'm rather new to Neopets, I've been having trouble deciding to the way in which i want to play, and what I want to spend the slowly accumulating neopoints on. What collections, strategies, and roles would you suggest for an inexperienced player, and how do you go about following them?

I've been thinking about doing avatars, and probably books too for my Xweetok.

Thank you so much for considering my question. c:

It really depends on what you enjoy doing. If you are generally good at games, you could have a few game goals. Training or painting your pets nice colours are usually popular goals. You could have a goal to code your own user lookup or collect each item of a certain type. It really depends on you and what you want to achieve. For me personally, the main goal is to have fun. So whatever you choose as goals, don't get so wrapped up in it that you forget to simply enjoy the website :)

While I was building up my account I saved every neopoint I got. I sold everything in my shop. My main goal at the time was to just get to the next bank level so I could earn more interest. When I started spending my neopoints for things like books, stamps and other things things I bought I would write down what I bought and how much rounded to the nearest 10k and I would work to replace the nps that I spent. It's a good strategy if you don't want to get carried away and over spend on things so that you're left with nothing.

It really all depends on what you want to do around the site and what you would like to achieve.

Nimphal has the idea -- what is it that you enjoy about the site? Do you want to make your pets pretty, or awe-worthy? Do you want to collect all the avatars you can, so you can show off the high prestige ones? Do you just want to be a neo-millionaire and (virtually) roll around in your NP screaming "I'm so rich! RICH!" etc? ;)

Personally, I like Habi a lot. It's a cute little game that makes me a tonne of NP every day. I like saving my NP - I want to be able to get to the Ultimate Riches! bank account without any help - ditto with getting the Number Six avatar. I do want to have nice pets, but my goals are for really rare, lab/FFQ only colours, so I am content with waiting for those. :) I enjoy my lab, so that was a worthwhile investment. Once I have colours I really like, I'll train one (or both) of my pets up. I enjoy reading Mneryth books -- I'm probably too cheap to get him (god, is he even male right now? I can't remember, heh) enough to get an award though! I like my gallery a lot too, but I am WAY too cheap to buy the last three items I need to complete it (the cheapest of the three is about 1.4 million. I will wait to fish those three up for myself!)

You're still new to the site, so take a while to get really well aquainted with everything you can do. Maybe try getting into some of the competitions or spotlights - you may find that those are your passions. Take a look through all the different colours you can paint your pets -- and all the different pets you can have, not just the ones that were offered in Create a Pet. Maybe think about a customization you want to strive for. :)

That is the best thing about Neopets - there is something for everyone. It may just take a little while for you to find the things that you want to work towards. :)

Personally I think collecting is a great way to get involved in the site, especially avatars since there are so many people after them it's a bit of a community. ^_^ Like Nimphal/Dawn/Scoptophobia say though it's all about having fun and doing what you want!

I find there's soo much stuff to do that I have to keep track of it, so I have a goals page that I update regularly. Might be an idea to start one then you can map out what you want to achieve? :) There are some fabulous premades around that fit the purpose.