Does GPG matter?

meiko07

The question speaks for itself. If I play 100 games with a bad gpg is that bad for my team than playing fewer games but having a significantly higher gpg? gpg= goals per game in Yoouyuball

Everyone seems to be so focused on having the highest gpg but why?

I think (and I may be wrong) that the determining factor in who wins the daily matches is the total number of goals scored. So if you have a high GPG, then you're contributing more to the team than someone who plays the same number of games but scores fewer goals.

This is my understanding of it, not sure if it's totally right though.

I think (and I may be wrong) that the determining factor in who wins the daily matches is the total number of goals scored. So if you have a high GPG, then you're contributing more to the team than someone who plays the same number of games but scores fewer goals.

This is my understanding of it, not sure if it's totally right though.

So if I score 100 goals by either playing 20 games of YYB or 100 games of YYB it doesn't matter because it's the total amount of goals my team receives in the end? I thought about it too that way like the side games.

High GPG = Team's score

High Wins = Your Rank in the Team.

High GPG is important, I guess.

So if everyone on my team, hypothetically, only plays one game by sending a score of 15- they'd have a GPG of 15- then that would mean we would have the highest GPG and win the match then? Is this why it's that important?

So if I score 100 goals by either playing 20 games of YYB or 100 games of YYB it doesn't matter because it's the total amount of goals my team receives in the end? I thought about it too that way like the side games.

So if everyone on my team, hypothetically, only plays one game by sending a score of 15- they'd have a GPG of 15- then that would mean we would have the highest GPG and win the match then? Is this why it's that important?

Yes, a player who plays only 1-5 games of Yooyuball on that particular day drags the average score of the team.

There are no freeloaders. only weak players!

Must be an asset to the team....Must win!

Yes, a player who plays only 1-5 games of Yooyuball on that particular day drags the average score of the team.

There are no freeloaders. only weak players!

Must be an asset to the team....Must win!

So is it quality or quantity?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please make sure your posts are at 7 words or more.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

So is it quality or quantity?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please make sure your posts are at 7 words or more.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

It's more on the quality of the individual to raise his/her team up with points

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, to the best of my understanding, you need to play a lot of games, and have a high GPG at the same time to win.

If you play a lot of games that only score a small amount of points, or if you only play like 50 games but with a high GPG, then you're not helping.

If you play no games at all though you don't hurt your team.

On days I decided to play YYB last season I tried to play atleast 100 games, and have a 10GPG average in each.