Secret Laboratory Question

riahnezz

I'm not sure if this will be a stupid question or not, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

I recently adopted Ravelyn from the pound, planning to zap him until his color changed, and eventually adopt him out. (Mostly because I feel so bad for those neopets! D: Yeah.. I know it's an online game, but still. xD) But every time I zap him his stat points change, or nothing happens at all. Is it just my bad luck that this happens? Or is there something about adopted pets that they don't change color?

I mean, I could be overreacting... However, I don't want to be wasting my time with zapping this pet if nothing is ever going to happen with its color. Get where I'm coming from?

Maybe I just need to be patient. xD

It's just luck. Color changes are relatively rare. I usually get 3 or 4 a month between my two rays. Just keep trying, you'll get something eventually!

It will happen...eventually. Unfortunately it takes a fair amount of luck and a lot patience for the pet you're zapping to get a nice colour + species that'll get enough attention to get them adopted out. I do a lot of adopting out and zapping, but I also have four labs, and it takes them roughly a few weeks to cough up a colour change. Not always a good colour, sometimes they just give out basic ones like starry or speckled, so yeah - it's a lot of waiting and wishing for luck xD

Hang on in there - you'll get a colour change eventually. The lab ray can be pretty weird - you can have nothing significant for ages then get a bunch of colour changes in a short space of time. My lab pet has been zapped from Yellow to Desert to Maractite to Chocolate to Pink all in the space of 3 weeks.