Ugh!

keiwo

I was just making lunch for my girlfriend and I. I took a frozen pack of lamb shoulder chops out of the freezer and defrosted it in the microwave. When I took it out, I noticed a fully intact fly INSIDE the sealed package. It was dead, of course (as anything would be after being frozen and then defrosted) but ugh ugh disgusting. Obviously the supermarket packed it IN with the meat and it just made me feel super sick. I'm thinking about taking it back to the supermarket just so that they're aware that it's happened because that is really really poor practice. I'm not a picky person or anything but just yuck.

Supermarket staff are underpaid and overworked as is. The guys on the floor stocking the shelves don't care about whether or not the product's good, they just want to put it up and get it over with. If you complain to a manager, most likely you'll just get the floor workers punished. None of those guys care whether or not your food is sanitary or not; it's not their business to care. You'd be better off complaining to the packager of the meat instead; they actually have to maintain standards if they want to stay in business.

Supermarket staff are underpaid and overworked as is. The guys on the floor stocking the shelves don't care about whether or not the product's good, they just want to put it up and get it over with. If you complain to a manager, most likely you'll just get the floor workers punished. None of those guys care whether or not your food is sanitary or not; it's not their business to care. You'd be better off complaining to the packager of the meat instead; they actually have to maintain standards if they want to stay in business.

It was packaged BY the supermarket ;p I'm not sure what supermarkets are like in other countries but most of the meat we have is fresh and packaged within the supermarket butchery.

Absolutely take it back and let them know! Even if it was accidental, if something like that goes through you never know what kind of unseen things they could be contaminating any of their products with. :ohno: That it's visually unappetizing to boot just kinda sucks haha, but at least everyone can be aware of the problem now. :)

• 1 month later...

Yuck. I hope you took it back and got your money back for it. We had a similar situation recently with some gummy vitamins my mom takes. There were little dead ants inside the bottle stuck to the gummies when we opened it. Blech!