Habitarium questions

Molly3

I have two questions:

How long will it take me to reach Level 50?

Why do my soldiers get confused when there is a pest attack? They fight one and then get those question marks and won't do anything even when I drag them over. Ahh, so frustrating.

Any tips for how someone get to level fifty super fast would be appreciated :) I've heard some conflicting opinions regarding whether you should have a lot of nesters and discard eggs for 200 each, or keep a lot of workers and not worry about that.

As far as I know, the best way to level up fast depends on your style of play. If you are going to keep Habi open for long periods of time, then workers>nesters is better. If you are going to keep Habi open for a shorter period of time, nesters>workers works better.

As for the soldiers, this happens when the pest is actually attacking an area they can't get to. For example, if you have a tile that has no direct access to it and there's a p3 already there, the pest will appear at a random tile on the field, but will be killable only from that blocked one. I usually keep a soldier in all of these locations, that way there's always someone to take care of the pest.

I've also gotten the ones with the question marks when the pests ARE easy enough to get to...but don't worry about it. You know how sometimes, you'll put a petpetpet in a house only to find upon refreshing that it didn't stick? It's like that. The pest isn't really there.

I think it's a good idea to have a lot of nesters to begin with. When you are online, you can put all of the nesters to work, along with any workers you may have. When you're not, make sure they're at least halfway rested up and put them all on nests.

Just adding to what the above posters said, workers harvest resources faster than nesters. So if you are planning on keeping your habi open the majority of the time (I keep mine open 24 hours/day), then you'd want workers harvesting as opposed to nesters. But, as Karina mentioned, if you plan on only checking in once in awhile, having more nesters in a good idea because you can have them harvesting when you have the window open, then throw them on a nest before you close it, becase once the window is closed, each p3 harvesting will only harvest 10XP worth of resources each. A nester's egg continues to grow when the window is closed until it is fully formed and discarding it gives you 200 XP. So if a window is closed, one nester has the potential to earn the same amount of XP as 20 p3s harvesting. Keeping my Habi open all day with 1 nester of each species until level 15 (3 nesters total) and 2 nesters of each species after level 15 (6 nesters total), the amount of soldiers below and the rest workers, I levelled up from 1-50 in about 5 days.

Another tip, don't overdue soldiers, unless you are open to raiding. Most people (as they have to be your NF) will not raid you without your permission. If you don't engage in raiding, then 5 soldiers are the most you will ever need to deal with pests. A good guide is 1 soldier for every 10 levels (1 at levels 1-10, 2 at levels 11-20, 3 at 21-30, 4 at 31-40 and 5 for the rest). This way, you can concentrate most of your population with the activities that gain the most XP, nesting and harvesting.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Habitarium can really slow your computer down when it's open. All the workers moving around can put a big load on your processor usage - I can't watch videos or play other flash games while my Habi is up. If you have lots of other work to do it's probably best to have lots of nesters, since, as Emily said, they will keep nesting at the same rate regardless of whether your Habi is open or not and they don't move around. I get a lot more XP from nesters, because I usually can't leave my Habi open for workers but I can check on the nesters every hour or so and discard the eggs. Alternatively, you could just have the workers harvest when you're not busy (overnight, etc.).

Of course, this may not be a problem for you, but it's just my experience. :)

It took me about a month to level up the first time to level 50. I wasn't very good about watching it and yeah, I was unexperienced. However, it only takes me about a week to get to level 50 after I reset. There are a lot of buildings to build that way so it always goes faster.

Pests tend to glitch around the nests. They will be accessible but the p3s won't go kill them. If you just refresh they won't do any damage because they can still do damage even though the p3s won't hurt them.

A tip to get to level 50 quickly aside from all the ones already suggested is to go to the boards. They have a ton of people willing to gift every day. They will need to be your friends and most of them will delete you when you get to level 50. But at least you get the experience from building and upgrading more buildings. Also only harvest the useful resources for building something so wood, stone, and mud. Ignore the other ones in the beginning because they won't help you gain xp. It is said that in the beginning it is better to have more p3s that are nesters because they work faster then the workers. The only problem with this is that you have to be around your computer all day so you can discard them. Oh and keep in mind it is normally good to havest a lot of them early on because as you tend to get higher I always get rid of more and more nesters so they won't produce as much. I like to keep at least one full set of all the p3s on the board incase I don't check for a week (even though I never have).