How to keep hair straight?

LoveLaughSmiles

I want my hair straight for tomorrow. Would it work if you wrap your hair around your head? Has anyone tried it? If so, Please tell me how long your hair can stay straight if you do this.

Straightening it would be your best bet (if you don't have a straightener, I've seen people straighten their hair with curling irons). You could also dry it straight using a brush and a blow-dryer. I guess it depends on your hair - mine dries wavyish but if I sleep on it, it straightens out a little, so I sometimes do that stuff the night before!

@Jasmine: I usually straighten it before I sleep& use Beyond the zone heat protectant

@Passiflora: I'm using a fan w/a brush & it straightened kinda. My hair is naturally straight, but I got a perm & my hair is wavy now.

I usually braid my hair to get less-tight curls/waves or straighten with a flat iron/blow dryer if I want it super straight. For your perm, I'm guessing you should straighten or blow dry. Be nice to your hair though :)

@SweetlySour: I'm not nice to it. ]]: I dye it every month or two. I straighten it & protect it. When my hair was pass my shoulders, I would braid them in tiny braids[when wet] and take them out in the morning. I had split ends,so I cut my hair. Braiding is pulling on hair, and that makes hair break off sometimes.

I straighten mine every couple of days, but it's really thick and long so it never stays straight very long. It's in a really bad condition too (too much dying :() which I think is part of the problem. I really should take more care of it! The only thing I can recommend is heat protection spray, which you put on before you use straighteners.

@Emmz:I wish I had long thick hair. I started using one a month ago. When I wake up in the morning, my ends look curvish.

I straighten mine every couple of days, but it's really thick and long so it never stays straight very long. It's in a really bad condition too (too much dying :() which I think is part of the problem. I really should take more care of it! The only thing I can recommend is heat protection spray, which you put on before you use straighteners.

My hair is also really thick so I have the same problem. I really hate it sometimes.

• 9 years later...
On 4/11/2012 at 3:24 AM, Sweet_Jasmine said:

My hair is also really thick so I have the same problem. I really hate it sometimes.

You should try a flat iron which works great for thick hair, for this you can go to removed as this site covers many relevant topics about flat irons.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED.

• Duma locked this topic