Is the Wheel of Extravagance Worth it?

Sweet_Jasmine

Honestly I think its more of a np sink to spin everyday. But I've heard you can get some great prizes from the wheel, and also an avatar. One of these days I'll start spinning it. I've only spun it once and I got my movement increased by 10 on my lab ray pet. Would have appreciated it more if it was on my battle pet, but I usually don't have her as my active anymore.

The good news is, there are no *bad* prizes. All the other wheels have something bad on them, even the Wheel of Knowledge. But the worst that can happen to you is that you lose 100k. (Yeah, okay, that's pretty bad.)

I tend to have bad luck with it, but I have gotten a nerkmid and a few job coupons. They were worth a couple hundred thousand. If I get the avatar...well, I consider avatars priceless, for the most part, so I'll spend a lot to get them.

If losing 100k a day is not a loss you can't recoup, though, don't do it. If it really feels like a hardship, then don't do it. I make it up by getting 30k per day from games and (on average) 60k per day from stocks, and that's not counting Habitarium. So even though it's annoying, it's not a huge loss overall.

Give it a try! I was inspired to spin it for the first time 3 days ago by a board like this on neopets, and what I got after 3 days was: winning 100,001nps, +5 intell, a nerkmid worth 200,000+ np. Not really amazing, but not bad to me. :) Though like Karina said, if 100,000 np isn't something you can easily make back, then perhaps you should wait a while to spin it, or spin it once just to try and then wait a while.

I've been spinning that wheel daily for months JUST for the avatar. Still don't have it.

The most common thing I land on is I get nothing, I get 25k back, 50k back, a few job coupons, nerkmids, and a few pieces for the lab ray (got one a few days ago only worth 10k though).

I think it's best to spin this wheel when you already have a high amount in the bank. Because it takes a while to earn 100k even with the Habi on and imagine landing on X for 3 days in a row....it's not awesome xD

For an avatar collector? Definitely worth it. ^-^ For anything else...eh, I'm guessing you'd lose a lot more than you'd gain, but that's only a guess. If luck is constantly on your side go for it. If you can easily make 100,000NP, then it's the same as spinning another other wheel. I've never really got received anything good from the Wheels...merely 10,000 NP from the Excitement one. But it's not as risky as the Excitement wheel.

I am sort of torn with this wheel. I spun it every day until I got the avatar. However, I also tracked everything I got. I spun a total of 84 times but I got one lucky break. I won a super rare booktastic book and sold it for a lot more then i ever put into it. After all my spins of nothing I still made a pretty big profit. It just takes one lucky spin for this wheel to pay off. If you don't get that lucky spin though this wheel gets expensive.

I'd say it's worth it if you want the avatar/if you're incredibly lucky :P

Because it's so expensive I've decided to spin four times a month or once a week. That way I can save money specifically for that cause I know how much I'm going to spend :D

This month I've gotten my money back and a Nerkmid that I sold for 220k ^_^

Hopefully you'll get some good spins when you go for it!

This is definitely a difficult call. It has the potential to give great rewards, like what happened with Batman. But it all comes down to, if it actually happens, and if it's worth it to try.

I used it daily until I got the avatar. It took me 12 days, so I put in 1.2 million. Of that, I lost about 800-900k. I got a Gold Job Coupon once, but the price had decreased to under 100k. And once or twice I got some of my NP back. (I think I got my full 100k back once.)

I just spun it for the second time today (the first time was aaages ago) and landed on the X. A bit disappointing, but it's not a huge loss of neopoints for me as I have my habi running all the time which brings them in constantly :) I think it depends on how well you are making up the nps as tp whether it's worth it or not.

I've gotten raised stats a few times, and a couple nerkmids from the Wheel of Extravagance. If there's something specific you want, I don't think it's the most effective means of finding it. And I don't really think it's a money maker, either, haha. I spin it now and then, just cuz it's kinda fun :)