A quick question about the PetPet Lab Ray

Divinum

I'll do my best to keep this brief :)

After my petpet has turned into a pile of soot, can it be zapped back into something else, or do I need to un-equip it, then re-equip it for the chance to be changed into something other than a pile of soot.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Oh, thats odd. I've never heard that before...

It's because you could have equipped a petpet 10 years ago and zapped different species for multiple trophies. Tis a good idea of TNT's to keep it fair, though it does make it a million times harder to get XD

Wait, if you zap a petpet, then remove it, and then re-attach it, is it still ineligible for the PPL?

Yes, but when you remove it, the petpet reverts to what it was before you started zapping.

Yes, but when you remove it, the petpet reverts to what it was before you started zapping.

Really? That doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me. I could buy a petpet from the shop wizard zap it until it changes and the remove it and sell it. And the next person wouldn't get the award if they never zapped it... Seems like it would be to difficult to track. Also it would leave unsuspecting owners completely unable to know if there petpet has been zapped.

Really? That doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me. I could buy a petpet from the shop wizard zap it until it changes and the remove it and sell it. And the next person wouldn't get the award if they never zapped it... Seems like it would be to difficult to track. Also it would leave unsuspecting owners completely unable to know if there petpet has been zapped.

Sorry, I'm obviously not explaining myself right.

Say you got your hands on a tyrannian mallard (when it's released, obviously) and attach it to your pet. You then zap it till it turns into a chocolate snowbunny. The snowbunny is not eligible for the petpet of the week award. If you remove the petpet, it will go back to being a tyrannian mallard and you are once again eligible for the petpet of the week award, you can resell it, etc. Unattaching the petpet will turn it back into what it was before you started zapping - which is, I presume, to stop people buy ghoti, zapping them into meowclops and then reselling.

Nice explanation, Kaana! I've read the same thing about PPL eligibility before and I didn't understand what it meant, but it makes much more sense now!

To Divinum, as stated it will turn into something else... but in my experience it takes longer to turn into something if it was a Pile of Soot than it would anything else (or at least, to me, it feels that way). I keep track of my pets changes and I added a Petpet to zap on 22nd March. On the 24th it was turned into a Pile of Soot. By the 31st it had changed to something else - since then it's had four changes and it's only the 6th of April! This isn't the first petpet I've zapped that has stalled with the Pile of Soot but changed quickly with other zaps. Could all be a coincidence though. :)