Help a newbie out?

AvaLocke

Hey all!

Neopets looks a lot different all these years. Some things look familiar and others a little alien. So what are the tricks of the trade? What are the good games to play? I seem to remember one with a turtle that swam around the bottom of the screen blowing bubbles to catch these fluffy animals before they hit the seabed. Is that still around?

How do I level my neopet, now that I'm here? Are there some places I should visit within neopia? Hit me with your favourites and your worst nightmares, how do I survive in that wonderful world? I also seem to remember a battle arena thing, but I can't find it anywhere. Is it still around? I remember versing this stupid clown or something because my neopets were never strong enough to actually battle, but shortly before I stopped playing I think my little guy won his first match. Adorable!

Thanks!

Well everyone has their own tricks of the trade. I would say my favorite ones are to buy stocks, my habitrarium, and key quest. Only buy stocks at 15 np and buy 1000 shares a day. Then when they go up to around 60 np each sell them. This is a long term goal and if you have goals that need the np now might not be the best. Your habi will get you lots of points fast. You just need to get to level 50 and leave it running for as long as possible. Go on the boards and there will be plenty of guides and people will gift you things to build once a day so it will level you up faster.

Key Quest is great for codestones which brings me to your next question you level up your pet by training them in either the Mystery Island Training School, or the Swashbuckler Academy. The Mystery Island one is faster but more expensive when your pet is lower level. However one of the main prizes from Key Quest are the payment for the training which makes it my first choice.

I would use the dailies page that TDN has. It is the best way to get around and make sure you get to everything you want to every day. Look around and you will get a hang of it in no time.

wow, shares? Pretty sure they weren't around back in the day, but maybe my 9 yr old mind couldn't comprehend them and just ignored them or something? Thanks fo the tip! That turtle game isn't ringing any bells, then? Playing it again would sure give me some nostalgia!

We have some great tips on making NP here.

I'm also pretty certain the game you want is Jubble Bubble (here).

My favourite ways of making NP are habitarium and stocks :) Not really a fan of keyquest, I think it's quite long to do and can get really frustrating with all the annoying people who just leave the game when they're not doing well, and leave you in a 1-on-1 game :) but everyone is different so I'd definitely give it a go!

Dailies are really fun to do too!

As for the battledome, it's in the games section, just search "battledome" :)