OH NO! *HEART ATTACK*

chibi_chibi_tsukino

AH! I finally found my dreamy, a VWN Robot Cybunny. The owner and I agreed on a Royal custom in exchange for it. So I went and created the pet, painted it royal and now the pound is telling me that I can't transfer the pet within 7 days for creating it! I nearly had a heart attack when I read the error message. I was NOT award of the fact that you can't trade newly created Neopets. I'm really worried now that the owner of the Robot Cybunny is going to back out within that week we have to wait now =( She hasn't responded to my neomails in 30 minutes now, I have no idea what's going on. Did I just get scammed?? :sad02:

its not really a scam, but they might have not been aware i wasn't when i was offering a free custom buzz until somebody told me, saved me7 days as they just picked out a pound pet for me to paint instead. Don't worry i'm sure they'll respond just tell them that the pet is created and ready but can't be transferred just yet. tell them the date they need to wait till then arrange a time to do the trade on that date :).

Oh thank god, the owner just replied. She's happy to wait a week. I'm still anxious that she'll back out ... maybe I just worry to much, she seemed fairly nice and mature. Plus the royal boy I custom created for her is listed as one of her dreamies on her lookup. I hope it will be all fine and next week I'll have my dreamy =)

I'm glad the owner is willing to wait, the 'wait seven days' rule seems to bite a lot of people on the back-end. It got me not once, but twice. D: You'd think I'd remember, but nope...

Anyways, even if the owner of the Cybunny /does/ back out, I'm sure you could find another trade for the same — that's a good offer. I mean, of course you'd rather have that one, but with a bit of advertising you could get another similar offer if this one happens to fall through. *knocks on wood*

Yep, if you forget that rule it can be really annoying! But you'll remember for next time now. :)

Also, as a by-the-by, now that you've created the pet and painted it, the other trader is not allowed to back out. You've invested NP, if they back out it counts as scamming. Can't remember the exact editorial where this is stated, but this sort of thing comes up on the PC all the time. This is why, once you create a pet for a custom, you should always, always wait until the seven days are up, make sure your offer is still firm, and then paint. Saves the hassle.

Also, as a by-the-by, now that you've created the pet and painted it, the other trader is not allowed to back out. You've invested NP, if they back out it counts as scamming.

This is no longer true. TNT went back on their own rule and changed it. They can back out whenever they like, sadly.

Ah, I've done that a few times! Lucky that the owner is willing to wait ^_^ Sounds like she will. I hate waiting for a pet, always feels so much longer to me than it actually is :P

This is no longer true. TNT went back on their own rule and changed it. They can back out whenever they like, sadly.

Really? When and where did they say that?

I think I over-reacted a little in the first moment of shock, but of course I will stay a bit nervous until I finally got the pet. (Such a cutie!!)

Don't worry. I'm sure everything will work out fine :) Especially if she seems really mature and stuff. Keep us updated!

Really? When and where did they say that?

In the Neopian times 434:

When you agree to a custom trade, you are trading a Neopet for a Neopet. The cost of the paint brush or morphing potion cannot be considered in the trade, as that would be against our Terms of Service and trading a Neopet for Neopoints. No matter how much a paint brush or morphing potion costs, you are willingly painting your Neopet to match the trader's request, and should do so at your own risk.

Alright, I am please to be able to let everybody know: I GOT MY DREAMY!!!!!! YEAY!!!!!! *so happy*

It all worked out fine and I am happy that there are reliable people on neo :)

Yasime will soon be transferred to my main account. I have waited for a Robot Cybunny for many years and I am so happy now!

Congrats! And that's a very pretty name, too!

Thanks! The name is awesome, isn't it. When I started looking for a Robot Cybunny I didn't care about the name at all, I would have welcomed any pet. I mean, after all it's a Robot and I believe that it's ok for a robot to be called 34TR7692 (or R2D2 :D). But this name just wowed me! *cuddles Yasime*

I'm probably not going to do a massive customization, but I've added a background wearable and a bit of a background story. He is a undercover agent on the Virtupets Space Station with a secret mission to stop Sloth. I found that very fitting.

If anyone is interested: http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Yasime