Applications!

April

My ultimate dreamie is UFA! I must pour my heart and soul into an application.

I've looked at all the guides but am more looking for your HONEST, BRUTAL opinion on what I have so far. It is a WIP, but could use all the tips I can get! Things I should include, take out, ect.

So if you would be willing to give me some help here, please do! If I was chosen, I think I'd honestly die from happiness. Or cry.

http://www.neopets.com/~coeba

The owner says she wants to be 'entertained.' So any tips for that?

EDIT: I feel so disheartened. :( I've seen a few other apps for him and they all have beautiful app art. Why can't I draw? :(

Thanks!

I don't have experience with it either, but I know that people spend more time than I have so far in my app. I wish there was like a site with examples or something so I could compare and see if there's something important I should add.

I am currently applying to one of my dream pets too. I found a few sites that sort of list basics you want in your application if you want to take a peak. http://www.neopets.com/~Dormendo, http://www.neopets.com/~meganais, and my favorite http://www.neopets.com/~Skanzar

EDIT: Remember this isn't a art contest, it is trying to find the perfect owner. So don't worry that you can't draw, make the application play towards your strengths and hope for the best.

I do know it isn't an art contest, but sometimes that's all owners look for. I even had someone tell me if Ic an't draw not to bother.

Well my mentality with those type of owners is, I wouldn't want to apply for a pet when the owner treats people that way. Everyone has strengths and to play to only a select few is absurd.

Well, everyone knows that pets only like eating really good drawings.

'Absurd' is definitely the word I'd use.

Ok, before I even read your app, I just had a quick look at your accounts. Cause that's what most adopters look at. Wow. You obviously love your pets very much :3 There's just a few coding things that are kind of awkward, but aside from that, you're good.

Onto the app: (I'll do this as I go along) Love the poem, but it doesn't seem to have much to do with what you've already told us about him. Maybe talk more about his warrior side, then do the poem?

"If for some reason in the future, I was leaving Neopets I would first neomail you, and if you were inactive, I would put her up for a very careful adoption." blah nitpick on the bit about plans at the bottom.

Other than that, clean, easy to navigate, honest. Looks good to me :3

EDIT: Also thiiis is a database of some completed apps for draiks and the like. May be slightly outdated, but still useful to you hopefully.

http://www.neopets.com/~Apptionary

Ok, before I even read your app, I just had a quick look at your accounts. Cause that's what most adopters look at. Wow. You obviously love your pets very much :3 There's just a few coding things that are kind of awkward, but aside from that, you're good.

Onto the app: (I'll do this as I go along) Love the poem, but it doesn't seem to have much to do with what you've already told us about him. Maybe talk more about his warrior side, then do the poem?

"If for some reason in the future, I was leaving Neopets I would first neomail you, and if you were inactive, I would put her up for a very careful adoption." blah nitpick on the bit about plans at the bottom.

Other than that, clean, easy to navigate, honest. Looks good to me :3

EDIT: Also thiiis is a database of some completed apps for draiks and the like. May be slightly outdated, but still useful to you hopefully.

http://www.neopets.com/~Apptionary

Thanks for catching that! I have no idea why I called him a her. *shakes head* I saw that, and I thought I fixed it. I guess not .

And thanks for that link! I will certainly have a look! I'm sure it will be helpful. =D

And as for the poem, it will make sense once I finish the story which ends in him being a warrior/guardian/protector of Faerieland. :)

Good luck with the application. You still have a month to tweak it :) Just bear in mind that anyone putting an UC up for adoption will be absolutely inundated with apps and they will have a lot of high quality applications to choose from. I'm not saying this to put you off, but having your heart set on this pet is a good way to get it broken (I know how it feels, and I hate it:P)

Add direct links to your pets from your app. One of the links to your side accounts is wrong, also. The 'references' is a really pointless section. Too easy to fake some nice comments, or ask a NF to say something specific, and doesn't add anything to your credibility. Make your roleplay example stand out a bit more (different colour/size text or something); it's really a plus-point.

'If for some reason in the future, I was leaving Neopets I would first neomail you, and if you were inactive, I would put him up for a very careful adoption. However, I don't see myself leaving in the future.'

Don't even bother to say this. Don't let the thought even cross their mind that you would leave Neopets.

My main criticisms are actually not of your app, but your presentation of your current pets and accounts. As somebody who regularly adopts out pets, the accounts say more to me than the app does. (I'm not bringing these things up to be mean, but these are all red flags that count against a potential owner for me)

Clicking around your account I found links to a dead page (/~Cernyu), a frozen account (April__), found that your main has been permasilenced (not a good first impression, and not something you want to put out there), and one of your sides haven't been logged into for 3 months. You've written more about the pet you're applying for than on the profiles of pets you actually currently have. The coding you've used on your lookup makes your pets as tiny as they can possibly be... *squints* Do you want to show them off or not?

I have a few neopet goals...

To get three draiks.

What for? Are they your dream pets? If so, why is 'get an UC faerie kougra' also not one of your goals? I thought this was your dream pet.

I see lots of random WN pets that one would only assume are for trading (well hey, at least if they are for trading, put something on their lookups?). If they're for zapping and gifting, then SAY SO. It's a really nice thing to do, and hopefully would count for you.

I knew there will be huge competition and I try not to let myself even get excited about it but I can't help but imagine how happy I would be if I had the pet and how he'd go with my other pets and I'm setting myself up for heart break, but I can't help it. Lol.

That's the problem there. I ONLY write on my perma pets look ups and I can NOT change my information on my main. It wasn't my fault I was silenced but was because I live in the same house with someone that was using Neopets in a bad way and all accounts sharing the IP got perma silenced. And you have no idea how hard I found TNT on that one. I never intend to switch mains so years from now I'll still have the information I rambled out when I was 16. :/

My sides are only the ones I've listed in the app, and not the ones from my main account. I can't change that information on that look up and haven't been able to for over a year. The reason I wanted three Draiks cause to geto my two UC Dream pets and the Draik I wanted. At the time, Draiks were over 15 mil and these were huge goals. Now they're too cheap to even try.

And in the app, I did add a disclaimed about my pets. I said "Any pets not listed on the 'About the Family page' are NOT perma pets and are lab rats in hopes of being zapped something nice for someone." It's there on the relationships page. And I wrote that's the reason they don't have customization.

All the sides I listed on my APP have been logged in with in the past few days. I'm going to make a note that I can't access the look up on my main but I am not switching mains because I have no way to change my pet looks up where my permanant pets had introductions or anything.

Actually, if it's that important there's no reason to apply because I can't change any of the things you've just said. And I self froze that account because I was opening up new sides as all accounts like I said got perma silenced.

And the references can not hurt my app, so I'd like to keep it as a few people have suggested having one. And it's about the only thing I can control in the app, really.

Actually, this whole topic is pointless now. If accounts are really that important, there really is no point in me finishing it. I can not update my main at all. Not the look up, pet pages.

And the only reason a UC Faerie Kougra is not on my goals is the same reason a UC Grey Kougra, UC Baby and UC Plushie aren't. Because those goals became impossible. The only reason people want UC's is to trade them for the most part and all I want is to have permanent pets.

All because my 12 year old cousin, whom I took into my house when he had home problems decided to ruin the experience for me and TNT doesn't understand people share computers.

Sorry, I'm not meaning to sound like I don't appreciate your criticism, but just being reminding of it just makes me frustrated and it's frustrating that all the issues you pointed out aren't things I can fix.

If I ask TNT to clear my look up, though I've been perma silenced, does any one think they would? :/

I knew there will be huge competition and I try not to let myself even get excited about it but I can't help but imagine how happy I would be if I had the pet and how he'd go with my other pets and I'm setting myself up for heart break, but I can't help it. Lol.

That's the problem there. I ONLY write on my perma pets look ups and I can NOT change my information on my main. It wasn't my fault I was silenced but was because I live in the same house with someone that was using Neopets in a bad way and all accounts sharing the IP got perma silenced. And you have no idea how hard I found TNT on that one. I never intend to switch mains so years from now I'll still have the information I rambled out when I was 16. :/

My sides are only the ones I've listed in the app, and not the ones from my main account. I can't change that information on that look up and haven't been able to for over a year. The reason I wanted three Draiks cause to geto my two UC Dream pets and the Draik I wanted. At the time, Draiks were over 15 mil and these were huge goals. Now they're too cheap to even try.

And in the app, I did add a disclaimed about my pets. I said "Any pets not listed on the 'About the Family page' are NOT perma pets and are lab rats in hopes of being zapped something nice for someone." It's there on the relationships page. And I wrote that's the reason they don't have customization.

All the sides I listed on my APP have been logged in with in the past few days. I'm going to make a note that I can't access the look up on my main but I am not switching mains because I have no way to change my pet looks up where my permanant pets had introductions or anything.

Actually, if it's that important there's no reason to apply because I can't change any of the things you've just said. And I self froze that account because I was opening up new sides as all accounts like I said got perma silenced.

And the references can not hurt my app, so I'd like to keep it as a few people have suggested having one. And it's about the only thing I can control in the app, really.

Actually, this whole topic is pointless now. If accounts are really that important, there really is no point in me finishing it. I can not update my main at all. Not the look up, pet pages.

And the only reason a UC Faerie Kougra is not on my goals is the same reason a UC Grey Kougra, UC Baby and UC Plushie aren't. Because those goals became impossible. The only reason people want UC's is to trade them for the most part and all I want is to have permanent pets.

All because my 12 year old cousin, whom I took into my house when he had home problems decided to ruin the experience for me and TNT doesn't understand people share computers.

Sorry, I'm not meaning to sound like I don't appreciate your criticism, but just being reminding of it just makes me frustrated and it's frustrating that all the issues you pointed out aren't things I can fix.

If I ask TNT to clear my look up, though I've been perma silenced, does any one think they would? :/

Doesn't hurt to ask TNT

Most of the stuff I've bolded is stuff you need to put somewhere the adopter is going to see it. Temporarily switch mains to something you can edit if you need to and explain what's happened. Otherwise they will probably draw the same conclusions as rhino_loupe, which I did not do because I've never done this before.

Something else I found today -> http://www.neopets.com/~Petticoat

This person does app reviews. They've just opened up but it looks decent.

Add that all into your app, as Kaana said, just to explain what's going on. Yes, accounts really are that important, but if you at least explain it, then you will have more of a chance.

One thing you could do is trade your permies to a side that isn't silenced, so you can edit their lookups. Then trade them back (actually trade, not transfer, or it won't work), and the lookups and pet pages should stay with them. It's annoying that this happens for normal trades, but in your case it would be helpful :) Just be sure to only put stuff there that you want to be there for months/years to come.

If you're not able to edit your main, then you should make double the effort with presenting your side accounts to their best. Is lost_tragedy7 permasilenced too? :S I would suggest just making a new account since it's only a side... but it has NC items which kinda sucks if they're stuck there :/

Yes, try to get your lookups cleared, at least for your lost_tragedy7 account. It will make things a lot less confusing