Please!!! I need help

woodnymph

I finally found a draik egg and agreed with it's owner on a price of 3.7mil. She friended me and put it in auction, but she put the starting price at 501np. I mailed her to put a junk item up for the 3.7 and i would bid on that too. so i put my bid in on the egg, but she has neither replied to my mail nor put another item up. i have tried to change the bid in the box to the right amount but it says i can't put successive bids on. the auction has less than 30min and i don't know what to do :sad01_anim: also since the auction started i have had a random nf request from someone offering to buy the egg from me for a quarter of it's value. Am i being scammed in a way i can't see. I have no idea what to do

well you may get an egg for 501 np, in which case, mail the first trader and say "please put up a junk item in auction for 3.7 million" the person neomailing you is probably a re-seller and i'm guessing you want to keep the egg

you can bid outright the 3.7 million provided you haven't already made a bid (which unfortunately you've done) so if the asking price is 100 nps and you aren't the most recent bidder you can bid 20,000 nps if you want

normally traders for large items put the price as what they want and have a small increment value e.g. list it for 3.7 million, increment, 1 np? your trader may be new at auctions, which is why they have done that. when they get online i'm sure they will neomail you back though, its something that can be fixed.

or when you win you could send the egg back to them and ask they re-list it :P

take the egg and RUN

haha

no ... what annukii said makes sense

that person saw the Egg trade and since it's NF only he can't bid on it ... so he's trying to reap the seeds of that mis-auction ...

you should patch things up with the original egg owner .. she obviously made a blunder ...

well you may get an egg for 501 np, in which case, mail the first trader and say "please put up a junk item in auction for 3.7 million" the person neomailing you is probably a re-seller and i'm guessing you want to keep the egg

you can bid outright the 3.7 million provided you haven't already made a bid (which unfortunately you've done) so if the asking price is 100 nps and you aren't the most recent bidder you can bid 20,000 nps if you want

normally traders for large items put the price as what they want and have a small increment value e.g. list it for 3.7 million, increment, 1 np? your trader may be new at auctions, which is why they have done that. when they get online i'm sure they will neomail you back though, its something that can be fixed.

or when you win you could send the egg back to them and ask they re-list it :P

I have waited months for this egg...... It's in my inventory at a cost of 501np and i feel awful. Didn't expect it to be so stressful. I think i'll send it back if i don't hear from her by morning

If it's a scam, it's a very strange one. Do not sell the item to the other person, whatever you do. In the meantime, take it out of your inventory. Put it in your SDB and don't use it until this whole thing has been resolved.

You're trying to do the right thing, and that's great. Wait for a response for a couple of days. If it hasn't yet been resolved by then, do whatever you want. It's a rather odd mistake to make, though, I have to say. Junk items in auction are a good idea, or else ask for five junk trades to be set up.

Out of curiosity, how old is the person's account?

I wouldn't send it back if I were you, but there's no harm in doing that of course. You shouldn't get in trouble as the original owner made a mistake and you were quick to notify her of it. Just keep it in your SDB until you hear back from her.

She'll see it sold for 501 neopoints and will see that you want to give her the rest of the neopoints through another trade. Doesn't sound like a problem. She's lucky you're an honest person rather than someone who would have kept the egg for 501np. :)

I have no intention of selling it, i wanted to hatch it..... The account is just under 5 years, but looking at the profile she doesn't seem to do much, small shop, level 2 habi, next to no game trophies or avvies and 4 cutesy pets with little customisation. Feel like i've pinched sweeties from somebody's child :sad02:

For now I would suggest to put it in your SDB and WAIT. When the other user realizes that they made a mistake they will most likely contact you and I'm sure you guys will find a way to resolve the problem, especially since you have good intentions. It doesn't look like a scam to me, I can't see in what way this person could profit from any of this.

I wouldn't worry too much woodnymph. The advice you've been given here is great, and you alerted the other person as soon as possible. I expect they'll see your message, realise what happened, feel a little embarrassed, and then feel relieved that they were dealing with someone that's willing to sort it out rather than just taking it and running.

If that is the case, and it seems likely, I can sympathise with their situation. Up until this year I had no idea what I was doing regarding the trading post and auction house - and I've had an account twice as long as she has. I spent years just playing games (that I wasn't particularly good at so had no trophies to show for it), and collected dailies, and that made me pretty happy. I'm guessing your seller is the same as I was.

Best of luck resolving it, but I think it will work out okay!

auction house is confusing, when i first did it i used a junk item to practice, as my trader told me how to list it but since i didn't want to risk being scammed by setting it up wrong, there was a tomato on sale for 2 million in the auction house if anyone wanted it :P

as auctions are a set and leave alone thing, they will probably only log in when they normally do, don't worry, you have your neomails and communication right? don't delete those either, keep them so TNT can see you clearly tried to communicate, and what you had agreed on previously :)

Thanks People for all your advice.......She came back eventually and i have just bought the most expensive map piece in history

Dear sam,

Congratulations! You have been successful the Neopets Auction Lot No. 172263204 (for Forgotten Shore Map Piece). We have added this to your inventory (check it out at www.neopets.com/objects.phtml?type=inventory). Below is a list of all the bids in the auction.

Bid : 3700001 NeoPoints, placed by woodnymph095.

OH MY GOODNESS... I have a draik egg. All of my own

Thanks People for all your advice.......She came back eventually and i have just bought the most expensive map piece in history

:laughingsmiley: very expensive :P, but somehow worth it :P

but congrats on your new draik!! :D and glad to hear it all worked out too :)

aww wow this is the fabbest post ever! Not only did you get your sooooooo much wanted Draik egg, but you were so honest and kind about it!!!

You should like win a Neopian medal of honesty or something!!!

This thread made me smile big time :) :) :)