Just opened a lending agency!!

I've always thought that it would be very cool to have a lending program and now I've finally done it!

I haven't been able to buy an Icy Snowflake yet but everything below that I have. (As soon as i sell my MPs I'll get it :P ) One day I hope to bring myself to spend the nps on Chokato, FQD, etc.....

Heres the link: http://www.neopets.com/~_Demigod_

Please take a look at it and tell me what you think, any suggestions?

Congrats! The one thing that really stood out for me at first glance is how organized everything is. Too many times, you come across petpages that are meant to be helpful but are a cluttered mess. Yours is very clean and clear with just the right amount of information.

I've recently started helping out with our ALP lending and one tip I have is to maybe put the collat a little over what it actually costs you to get the items. Especially with sets of items like codestones, orange and (especially) dung. It's not so much the cost you miss when things go missing, it's the hassle of replacing them. Our collat for the dung avvie right now is 5,000 np, though it costs us much less to actually buy the items. This is because, much to the dismay of the ALP heads, people weren't returning items, likely with the thought of "they're hardly worth anything, so they won't care if I don't give them back." It gets a little irritating to have to constantly be replacing items, even if they're only worth a couple hundred NP. People will still borrow (it's still not costing them anything because they get their np back) but are much less likely to run off with items because they wouldn't be able to sell them for more than their collat was worth.

Congrats! Your page really looks great! :D

I have one thing to add to what Emily mentioned. Think about adding a time limit for lends. Some avatars seem to take longer to achieve because they're random (Especially the Drackonack. That seems to be one of the most stubborn random ones) or the Robo avatar, because it isn't always realized that a classic neohome is needed and then has to be built, so the lends can take a bit of time.

Sometimes, if a time limit isn't set, items will be kept for extended amounts of time (even the non-random/refreshing items) sometimes over 2-3 weeks, which can complicate things, especially if you are getting a lot of requests, or don't have quite a few of a certain item. There's several ways you can go about it, or change it to fit your needs, depending on volume of requests and the quantity of items you have. You could have it so that if the item(s) aren't returned within a week, the collateral is kept and used to replace the item. That way you don't have to wait around wondering when you'll get it back, only to find out right after you replace the item, that they're now returning the item.

Or maybe, you give it a week (you could change the time limits however you see fit) and if you haven't heard back, you contact them to find out how things are going. After that, at 2 weeks, they forfeit their collateral to replace the item. Something like that.

With my lending for the ALP, the time limit has made a difference. I've actually lost fewer items this way, because it seems the user's requesting are aware of the time limit to start with, and they work harder to get the random ones quicker, and seem to be less likely to forget to return an item. And it makes it easier for me to know when it's time to just replace an item.

I agree the page is very organized- I like it! I agree though with possibly making your collat amount a little bit higher, I think with 10 or 20np collats you might have an issue with people returning the item!

Thanks guys! I put a time limit on the lends and raised the collateral. I also put links on the avatar descriptions. Thanks for the tips and encouragement ^_^

I also just got an Icy Snowflake (my trade just got accepted) and I have neomailed a few people regarding the FQD. I'm on my way ^_^