Stocks Question

Kaylan

Buy 1000 shares of a stock priced at 15 every day and eventually one of those stocks will go up to a point where you have made a profit and are willing to sell. Some people wait for a large profit and others don't. It depends on whether you want quick money or not. In general, the stock market is not the place for quick money. It can take a long time for your investments to produce profit. I'm pretty sure the stocks increase and decrease at random, so there's no telling when one might shoot up. Just buy low, sell high. :)

There's not one stock preferable over the other, you just buy what's cheap (15) and sell when it goes up. NeoDaq does have a Report Card averaging the rise and fall of stocks, if you're unsure where to begin - A+ stocks are always a good start, though it's not a 100% guarantee, it's just what's been recorded in the past. But yeah, as Sakurabelle posted, Stocks are not for fast money-making. It's for making a LOT of NP when the time comes, though.

Stocks are, as far as I'm concerned, random.

BUT. They always increase. It may take 2 days, it may take 6 weeks, it may take 3 years, but they'll go up.

If you're just starting out, then work on growing your portfolio. At current I have 60,000 stocks. And they're growing by a 1,000 everyday - this is how you go about it.

Everyday, you log into your Neo account, you head for the bargain stocks (the link is here, it's not openly listed on the stock page) and you buy the stock that is selling at 15NPs/stock. (Because the min you can buy is 15nps/stock.) Just do it. Everyday. For the first 30,000 or so stocks, I focused on different stocks, not more stocks. What I mean is that I would buy POWR one day, then STFP the next, and TAG the third day. That way, I had a wide spread of stocks. Wide spread = larger chance of getting increasing stocks.

After hitting the 30,000 mark, I started to focus on more stocks, not different stocks. So instead of hitting the bargain page, I would go to my portfolio, and check out which ones I already preowned that were selling for 15nps. I would buy those. That way, I had a larger amount of holdings in each stocks. Larger holdings = when increase comes, larger increase!

Don't worry when, or if, your stocks drop into the negatives, they'll eventually perk up. And ONLY buy at 15nps. What I do on the days where there are no 15np stocks, is just skip buying - others may argue otherwise, and say to but 16, or 17np ones, but that's how I work.

At current, I have stocks dropping as much as -55.56, but also have stocks rising as much as +213.33%. Sadly I only have 1,000 stocks in that. :( I usually sell when they hit around +70.00% or so, but most people I know wait till they go past the 100% or 200% mark. I'm just afraid they fall, so I sell quick, at risk of losing out later, though.

And I think that's basically it. Stocks are 100%profitable, you don't even need to spend much time on them! :P

Now I'm off to sell teh stocks that I bought at 15NP/stock for 47NP/stock, so adieu!

I'm really impatient when it comes to making money so I buy my stocks at 15nps and sell them at around 30nps. I would recommend having a large variety of stocks as sweetdang mentioned and only buying the 15np ones! I think you've gotten some really great help above, and the NeoDaq is great for starters!