Map Question

sugagem01

i know the infamous maps (secret petpet etc) but ive seen some different map pieces floating around the tp, eg faerieland map piece 1.7. Im just wondering what those pieces are for, whether they are worth investing in and what do you get for collecting them all x

Those are called World Challenge Pieces - they're won through competing in World Challenges. They're worth winning just to sell the pieces, often the prizes themselves aren't terribly good. TDN has a great guide here explaining how it works. I have gone off and bought map pieces just to see what I get, and I haven't been very impressed. :P

It's really a gamble when converting those pieces. The best one I've won so far is a desert pb. The worst, one of those cheap petpets. I suggest playing games in gaining those pieces rather than buying them via the shop wiz. The pieces go as cheap as 10k or so (level one pieces) and as high as 99K (specially for level 3 pieces and some of level 2 pieces).

Buying the pieces individually definitely isn't worth it. Level 1 prizes don't even cover the cost of the entire set. I used to do World Challenges when I was saving up, though - they sell anywhere from 10-99k so I'd just sell the pieces instead. The best I ever got from completing a set was a Spotted PB, which isn't too bad but it costs only just about the same as selling all of those pieces.