Account Comprimise! Help!

OmgitsBecca

It says:

On Tuesday, February 28th, 2012 9:06:02 pm NST, [myusername] initiated a change from [my email] to [hackersemail]

Be sure the Email did not go into your 'Junk Folder'.

If you have a Whitelist (for allowing only certain Emails through to you) be sure that Neopets.com is on that Whitelist.

If you do not receive your email and neither of those cases apply, please contact your Email service provider for assistance.

You may try resending on Wednesday, February 29th, 2012 9:06:02 pm NST

And isn't giving me the option to change it.

Could the site glitch be the reason I can't change it?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

No double posting. There's an edit button you can use for adding additional content to your post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

yikes, that sounds really suspicious. you should definitely submit a ticket to tnt. they might freeze your account temporarily for protection, but you should be able to get it back! it's helpful to know all the books your pets have read, any past passwords, any past e-mails, birthdate, neofriends, neocash cards redeemed, neocash purchases, etc. here's a good guide for how to "prove" the account is yours: http://www.neopets.c...shimmeringbliss

(added: you might have to create a side account to chat with tnt)

hmm, maybe? i could try experimenting with my options really fast and see if i can recreate the problem. hold on a sec :)

edit: okay i don't think it's due to the glitch unfortunately. :-S i think once a change is pending they won't let you modify it anymore. defs report to tnt as fast as you can and put a pin on everything! if you have a lot of money in the bank, withdraw 1 np 20x so the hacker won't be able to withdraw anything for the rest of the day. good luck sweetie! sorry this shiz happened to you D:

i don't think you should wait tbh, since the hacker may change your password (once he confirms the e-mail add) and lock you out of your account. the only reason why he hasn't yet is probably because of the glitch; e-mails aren't getting sent out currently afaik. i think taking advantage of this time and reporting is the best option, as bad as it may sound. :-S

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you. My guess is that the person had a cookie grabber in their shop or something and managed to get in to your account. From what I understand, it doesn't give you the password outright, but can get you into the account. That's why they want the e-mail to be sent there--so that they can control the password. If you change your password now, it might stop them from doing anything else. I don't know, though.

I agree with the withdrawing 1 np 20 times thing. That's great advice.

But...the hacker's e-mail is showing? I mean, I'm sure it's a side e-mail the hacker doesn't use for important stuff, but...my inner Troll for Justice is tingling.

EDIT: Another thing you should do is go to Site Preferences and check Login Birthday Prompt. Now, when that person tries to log in from an unfamiliar location, they'll have to enter your birthday. I don't think they can get that from your cookies. Make sure you *know* what birthday you've entered before doing that, though--I know a lot of people put in a fake birthday.

Also I'd stay logged in on your computer- I'm not positive if this will help but it might because you'll still be logged in when you can change your email next! :) I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you! *hugs*

I find TNT usually responds within a month. Good luck getting your account back!