Customization

April

I wasn't sure whether to put this in Help or General chat.

But anyways, onto my questions...

I want to start customizing... Can anyone suggest some awesome backgrounds? NP's only. I can't get NC. And other wearables? What are your favourites? I don't care how expensive.

And, are there any NP backgrounds or other wearables that are animated like a lot of the NC? If not, I think that's really unfair of TNT. :(

So basically, just share your favourite wearables. Pictures are nice but not needed. I'm new to this whole thing, so it may be a bit hard for me and could use all the help I could get. =D

there are some NP backgrounds with animations like star gazing background (very expensive at the moment, but the price is starting to drop)

i personally use a combination of jellyneo (to tell me how expensive something is) and dress to impress which is like a virtual infinite closet. unfortunately the np stuff with animation is few, but there a a couple more i've forgotten (got to head off to school right now)

edit: don't think the star gazing background is animated sorry, confusing it with wish on a star BG which is a NC item

TDN has a customization site (beta): http://customize.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/itemdb/index/

Jellyneo's item database has the option to search for wearables only http://items.jellyneo.net/

And once you've found some wearables you like, you can try them out here: http://newimpress.openneo.net/

I'll get back to you on the animated NP backgrounds...

I didn't realize the Star-Gazing background was animated! Neato.

As far as customizing goes, I've realized how important it is for everything to at least semi-match. For instance, I noticed when voting for the beauty contest that the pets that really popped out at me stuck to a specific color family.

So when I look for backgrounds or whatever, I often find a couple that look like they might work, then compare them to your pet/other items and see which colors match better.

Otherwise it just looks too chaotic.

That looks really good actually. The Faerie Bubbles Garland itself might be a little chaotic, but in a good way. :)

All the blues are pretty close to the same powdery, true blue color, including the pet color and the foreground. The background pink and purple matches the foreground pink and purple.... Nice job!

I'd just go on dress to impress directly and search for "background -is:nc" that removes NC items from the results or "type:background -is:nc" but either one would work, as most neo backgrounds have the word "background" in the title. The "type" tag also helps when you're trying to find specific clothes, like trousers or shoes, etc.

I'm sort of obsessed with the Stately Tree Foreground. I currently have it with my Grundo. It's not animated but I think it's really pretty. I've also put it with some nighttime backgrounds before and it looks like moon beams shinning through the tree branches. I love it! There are always some floating around the Second Hand Shoppe so I've been able to snag a bunch. :-)

Good Luck on your Customizing!!