Random Contest Submission

Kuroii

Hey there! Can someone who have submitted for Random Contest before tell me whether it's possible to submit a file larger than this?

"If you are uploading your image it needs to be a gif or jpg, and it can't be larger than 50K." quoted from Neopets.com

How do older winners get their image so huge? Mine is barely visible at that size!!

Make sure you're using a jpeg image. They allow you to have a decently-sized image while maintaining under the size limit. You should easily be able to have a 500px by 500px image and be well under the 50kb limit. It's also a standard format, so you won't run into viewing/compatibility issues.

Someone here on the forum (I forget who) sent me to this site: http://www.imageoptimizer.net/Home.aspx when I was trying to downsize my entry for the random contest. And just as an FYI, if you are having issues submitting your entry and you are using IE, use Firefox instead. For some reason I always get an error when I try to submit files to neopets using IE.