New pet rejects petpet?

Aloriality

Hey, I finally saved up and spent all my NPs on a Pirate Draik Egg, I hatched it, and I wanted to attach my pirate Meowclops to him, but all I get is "Arrgg, get that pirate meowclops away from me"

Is there any way i can attach them? I mean, I wanted them as a set, together, but my pet is rejecting him. I've never had this before...

Any help?

It has something to do with the fact that Pirate Meowclops and your pet's name have the same number of letters (or something).

The way to fix it is the change the language, preferably to something with a non-Latin-based alphabet, attach the petpet, then switch back.

Ok, next question, how do I change the site language? I've checked through the basic profile and editing stuff... also, it would be nice if someone could be rather specific, cuz I'd like to be able to change the site language back to english, and I don't read chinese (or speak it lol)

It's at the bottom/footer of every Neopets page. Right above "Privacy Policy", "About Us", etc. It's a simple dropdown box that allows you to select several languages, and it'll be at the same place when you want to switch back.

Yes it's pretty much the same. You'll still be able to find the Change Laguage bar even if the entire site is translated to Chinese - it'll still display as "English" as an option, and not in Han.

And if you ever do get lost you can always use Google Translate to help you out.

Thank you!!! it took some clicking around, but I got through it.

Here we go!! :D http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Hijitaka_Toshiro

Character names from Gintama, anime.

Again, I thank you all for your help. You know how everyone has a dreamie? This was mine, especially with the Meowclops. I am so happy. ^^

On a side note, Kaie, your avatar and such looks like square game art, you know, the characters and the videos in games such as Final Fantasy, I don't remember the artists name. But if it is from a game, which is it?

This is a really annoying issue. I'm glad you were able to resolve it.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.