trinity blood lookup

webpixie

http://www.neopets.com/randomfriend.phtml?user=pervyfaerie

i cant decide if the overlapping text bothers me enough to redo the images and codeing.. do yall things its anouying or fine as is?

other constructive criticism welcome, as always(if i respond back its more to disscuss it im not actully taking offence or anything, incase it comes off as such, so just be honest please)

thinking of making a few more and actully giving the codeing out as premades, now that im getting a hang of doing the codeing better.. if anyone is intrested in using them anyways.. (others would mostly be anime, cartoon, and general neopets themes)

thanks. yea i know the images/show isnt for everyone, if i do the premade lookup think ill have moer of a variety, i just loved the scans when i found them.

so i take it the text overlapping didnt bother you then?

images are scanned in from an a trinity blood book, hence the copyright at the top. i did alter the background of the girl on the left so the colors would work better.

and yes thats what i mean by the overlap

its called "Lithos Pro" was kinga going for what they do on their walpapers. its got a gradent overlay, bevel and emboss, drop shadow, and a stoke outline... lol weeeeeee i just love my effects huh?

I like it, it looks amazing! The text overlap is a bit funny though... maybe you could just move the neoinfo div over a bit? Or does that make the area too small? Also, on my widescreen computer, the background finishes too soon so I see this white band down the side... you could just hex the background a colour very close to one in your background so its not so obvious :yes:

Other than that, 9/10 :D

well see i can move the div layer but that would givem e lots of extra grey background so i would need to edit the background and the top image to reflect that so that it dosnt loook outta proportion.. and then my copyright would have to be rethoguht because the gold line would end up goign under it... hence why im trying to decide if all that is worth it, lol

i CAN still do it, i have the photoshop file and tend to build my files very dynamic.. just a tad pain.. but thats one vote for changing, if i get 2 more ill change it ^_^

oh and there shouldnt be a white background i must have forgot to tell the backgroup to tile and not jsut repeat vertically.. will work on that... (along with asigning a background color too)

Yeah, I just had another look - its tiled now so I can't see the white :) Its so annoying having widescreen, it mucks up so many websites...

If you ever want to just have the background going down vertically, but also remove the white, you can pick a colour close to one in the background and use this code:

<style>
body{background:COLOUR;
background-image:url(BACKGROUND URL);
background-position:left;
background-repeat:repeat-y;}
</style>

I use this a lot so I dont have to make really wide background images :yes:

i actully ment to have it tile in the first place, and i usually do add a color background..odd i didnt have that in my codeing to start with either.. thanks again for pointing it out to me

I love it! The image is a bit pixelly but thats because it's a drawing right? Well I thikn it deserves a 10/10

Keep it up =) btw you should re open your gfx stand

I think the coding could have been done a little better, but it works fine and as long as there is extra room in the coding to add extra info like about me or something. At least you didn't do anything important using percentages (common mistake that a lot of people make)

The overlapping does bother me a little, but its nothing serious (you can still read it)

Its not my kind of lookup (Trinity Blood) but I tried to ignore that when rating it.

Works in IE and Firefox thats a good thing some people don't check that.

some of the text is missing under the trophies but I know it does that when you remove something (can't remember what)

I like how the image on the left fades on the bottom.

Something that I saw but isn't very noticeable at all is that the background of the stats is a solid color unlike the picture around it / above it.

If you were to fix the overlapping text, I would move the stats down and add something above it or something like that.

Overall it is simple and looks great!

8.5 / 10