Musical pet peeves

Naamah D.

Autotune sucks. Many use it because of the unique sound it gives, and then there are those who write a poem, speak into a recorder and edit away. I hate them with a passion. I also hate those who abuse profanity. Don't get me wrong, I accrpt the occasional f-bomb. But yelling pointless, obscene verses, which are all about objectifying women and... Human intimacy make me want to bang my head on a wall of radioactive spikes.

Any song that demeans a group of people, I feel just uncomfortable listening to. I don't usually get angry, per se, unless it's particularly bad, just uncomfortable.

Also whinewhinewhineyou'renotarealfanIlikedthembeforetheywerepopularsoI'matruefan - oh my gosh just stop. Please. As well as people who stop listening to bands/artists they like just because other people like them.

And finally, this idea that music without vocals is not music at all - just backing waiting for someone to sing. Or that a song can't mean something unless someone is singing/rapping/saying it. Like a song is only sad if the lyrics say it is, or vice-versa.

I don't like clean versions. They feel empty. It's weird when all those random silences are in the song. But it has to be a good explicit song. Not some person with no talent autotuning them reciting poems about sex and drugs. I found out that there's only a "clean" version of "Rolling In The Deep", by Adele. What? I couldn't find the "explicit version anywhere. Also, I hate trilling. It makes my skin crawl. :guitar: :shiftyeyes_anim: :guitar: Is not amused.

Any song that demeans a group of people, I feel just uncomfortable listening to. I don't usually get angry, per se, unless it's particularly bad, just uncomfortable.

Also whinewhinewhineyou'renotarealfanIlikedthembeforetheywerepopularsoI'matruefan - oh my gosh just stop. Please. As well as people who stop listening to bands/artists they like just because other people like them.

And finally, this idea that music without vocals is not music at all - just backing waiting for someone to sing. Or that a song can't mean something unless someone is singing/rapping/saying it. Like a song is only sad if the lyrics say it is, or vice-versa.

Completely agree! A lot of the music on my iPod had no lyrics at all. I enjoy it. Some songs are so haunting/sad without words.

• 1 month later...

- Jason Derulo and how completely devoid of creativity all of his music is

- nasty barre chords

- people who upload tabs or chords to ultimate-guitar when they're COMPLETELY WRONG

- bandwagoners ie people who only like bands or songs because other people do or because it'll make them look good/grant them indie cred

- people who claim to LOOOOOOVE a band when they only know one of their songs

- people who confine themselves to one genre only and say all of the others suck just because they're closed-minded

- people who say that good music died in the 60s/70s/80s and that all modern music is rubbish.. YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING.

- people who avoid mainstream music like the plague and put lame things on their facebook page like "\m/ 97% OF TEENS LISTEN TO CRAP MUSIC, POST IF YOU'RE PART OF THE 3% WHO STAYED LOYAL TO METAL!!!!!!!! \m/" ESPECIALLY when they think not listening to mainstream music makes them better than those who do. I bet you secretly fangirl over Flo Rida

- genres of music that are dominated by talentless hacks, ie crunkcore and whatever you want to call the genres morons like Jefree Star and Blood on the Dancefloor belong to.. it makes me sick

ugh I could go on forever