Got a guitar the other day....

Lady Lyuba

.....So, yeah, now I'm starting out. Any others here who play the guitar, do you have any advice? I just started and barely know anything. What do you think I should to to pick up on it?

If it would be something you would be interested in, a few guitar lessons to get you started would be an awesome idea. If you'd rather just learn on your own, then I would suggest picking an easy song (even a nursery rhyme would work) and try to work out the notes by ear. Also, and this is going to sound cliche, practice practice practice, because the more you do the quicker you will get to a point where you can play anything!

The most important thing to remember would be that the guitar is something that takes a lot of patience to learn. Once you do though, it will definitely be something that you will love!

Good luck, and don't give up! :D

My boyfriend's a musician and has also done a degree at BIMM and he says to practice for one hour a day without fail, and don't be afraid to play aggressively as that's when you get the best sound out of your guitar.

What sort of music do you listen to/want to learn? (he asks :P)

Are you playing electric, acoustic, or classical! :D :D :D

I play, but very basically, not enough to give advice on it. I've learnt chords from ultimateguitar.com, because it teaches you how to play songs, and I just search random ones to pick up chords. :) My dad's been playing for 30 (years), so when I need help, I approach him, but listening to the song itself helps lots when he's not home.

My boyfriend's a musician and has also done a degree at BIMM and he says to practice for one hour a day without fail, and don't be afraid to play aggressively as that's when you get the best sound out of your guitar.

What sort of music do you listen to/want to learn? (he asks :P)

Well, I'm interested in rock, I have been since I was 12. And

Are you playing electric, acoustic, or classical!

I have an acoustic to begin with. Someday I'll get electric when I get a bit more advanced.