Leaver. What to do?

lately i have faced so many leaver in KQ game.

when i get super key grabber and grab their keys

they will leave.

i wanted to ask them why are they leaving

however i might encounter with this kind of answer :

situation 1

me : *insert not-so nice neomail here*

leaver : i am happy enough not to let you win :)

*leaver blocks me then*

situation 2

me : *insert nice neomail here*

leaver : ahh sorry i have bad internet connection

question time :

i) how should we know the level of games completed (whether it is top notch or solid or poor) of one player once we create a game?

ii) i really want to blame the leaver. but if i am asking nicely they will say it is the internet connection. if i asked a little less nice they will report me. or block me. but, how should we know whether they have internet connection or they are just another ragequitter?

iii) can i kick player in game room i create? (i think it will be NO but.. i still want to ask)

and the current prize (not the theme) is not good. grr

I've solved this problem by joining games A LOT more often than I start them. I was having this problem too. Quitters every second or third game. So Now I hardly ever start a game. I always join one another player has set up so I can see their ranking. There are usually enough people around that you can find a board you like, given that some of them are identical board layouts with different scenery.

You can also choose to play with friends or people you do know. Maybe create/join a KQ guild for that purpose? That way, at least you know who you played with. And by selectively selecting members you can screen their ranks too.

The "leavers" are just childish though I understand their sentiments. The only reason why you would be able to use the key grabbers is if they had some advantage over you (cuz they have a key that's harder to get/further to get OR they already have almost the whole set) and then you go and turn the tables on them by stealing their keys. Naturally, anyone feels mad although it is argued that stealing is a strategy and part of the "chance" factor too.

Also, perhaps what you can do is not be a sore loser (I'm not assuming you were one). What I dislike the most is when they are already winning anyway (duh anyone who thinks with a strategic mind can see) and they still try to use lint/key grabber on you. That really turns people off. Heck, if I didn't have better sportsmanship, I'd quit on them too.

Honestly, KQ is a frustrating game for me cuz I have no advantage with a slow computer. And the prizes are not so good though I'm happy with the deflation of some backgrounds!

I've solved this problem by joining games A LOT more often than I start them. I was having this problem too. Quitters every second or third game. So Now I hardly ever start a game. I always join one another player has set up so I can see their ranking. There are usually enough people around that you can find a board you like, given that some of them are identical board layouts with different scenery.

i have a tough time joining the others game.

it might because i am only prefer 1 on 1 game and my internet is not that fast

tried to join a game but i cant since someone faster than me already joined the game.

i only prefer fast board such as Sweet 1.

You can also choose to play with friends or people you do know. Maybe create/join a KQ guild for that purpose? That way, at least you know who you played with. And by selectively selecting members you can screen their ranks too.

The "leavers" are just childish though I understand their sentiments. The only reason why you would be able to use the key grabbers is if they had some advantage over you (cuz they have a key that's harder to get/further to get OR they already have almost the whole set) and then you go and turn the tables on them by stealing their keys. Naturally, anyone feels mad although it is argued that stealing is a strategy and part of the "chance" factor too.

Also, perhaps what you can do is not be a sore loser (I'm not assuming you were one). What I dislike the most is when they are already winning anyway (duh anyone who thinks with a strategic mind can see) and they still try to use lint/key grabber on you. That really turns people off. Heck, if I didn't have better sportsmanship, I'd quit on them too.

Honestly, KQ is a frustrating game for me cuz I have no advantage with a slow computer. And the prizes are not so good though I'm happy with the deflation of some backgrounds!

i only use key grabber as a part of strategy or to prevent my opponent from winning.

its like, if you win you got golden key while i got silver key.

why dont i turn the table and win something for myself?

in 1v1 game everything is for yourself (except your opponent is already collecting all keys while you have the grabber but no keys, then i will let him finish)

i have one scenario where i got grabber and take powerup, but the game just started around 2-3 rounds.

my opponent dont have any powerup.

then he leaves.

which left me... a bit frustrated.