Shockwave Help - won't work on a specific game?

mwcatlover

So I was going to attempt playing Gourmet Club Bowls for the Avvie. I downloaded Shockwave (on Windows XP, using IE 7) and I got this error message when trying to play the game:

This Shockwave movie has errors that have caused playback problems. Please contact the author of this content regarding this problem. Shockwave is unable to continue

Oddly enough all the other Shockwave games (or at least the ones with avvies) I can play.

More Detail:

On the XP, I downloaded and tested Safari, Firefox, and Chome (and maybe Opera, I forget), but none worked.

Also Tried it on A Windows Vista with IE 9

Shockwave was up to date (downlosded basically the day of)

Can anyone help me?

Mostly everyone is having problem with that game, and it's been like that for a good while.

Just trying to trace the error here... but it seems that something inside the game is looking for a preloader (the little animation we see when a games is being loaded)... and since it can't find it it loops FOREVER... until Shockwave or your browser crashes. At least, that's what it does in Safari in OS 10.7. :P

In other words, there is nothing you can do to fix it as far as I know, and I have never seen a solution posted on TDNforums for it.

*Agrees with Xepha*

It's such a pain :/ Some people can seem to make it work though (I reckon on older systems, but that's just a guess :P) as there's people getting the avatar and high scores and whatnot. It hasn't worked for me since I came back from hiatus, but worked 5 or so years ago on my old computer. There are a couple of other shockwave games that don't work for me as well but IE seems to be the best browser, none of them work at all in FF D: