BBC's Sherlock

Lauren_x

I just wanted to know if anyone (UK citizen or otherwise) is a fan of the updated Sherlock Holmes-based series that's been on telly recently.

The first series was on about 2 years ago but the second series has just finished and it was so good. Honestly probably the best that will be on TV in 2012.

Benedict Cumberbatch (who's also in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy and War Horse) plays the lead role and is amazing... and beautiful to boot ;)

Martin Freeman (Tim from the UK version of the Office, he was also in The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy) plays the lovable Doctor Watson and is also absolutely fantastic.

Basically I just wanted to rant with someone about how good this series has been so if you've seen it - tell me! If you haven't go watch it!

x

Ohh! We just put a hold on a copy of the first series DVD at the library because we heard it was an awesome show!

Good to see that it receives more positive reviews :D

Guess I'll come back after we start watching lol

There's another person in the queue before us so it may be a while :P

Oh my gosh I'm so excited for you! It's an absolutely amazing series. Ok ok get back to me when you've watched it cos I'm sure you'll want to gush about how fab it is :D

I wish there were more than three episodes in each series. BUT each ep is an hour and a half long so that's good :)

I'm a Sherlock fan!! This second series has just been amazing!! Totally agree about the actors - Benedict Cumberbatch, aside from having an awesome name, is perfect as Holmes and I adore Martin Freeman as Watson.

And how good was that 3rd episode? It's going to be a long wait for more episodes.

Arghhh neon_nightingale yaayyy! Hahahaa yes I love his name...and his face....and his acting ability :D

Oh my gosh I am traumatised by that third ep. Tears were literally clouding my eyes within the first few seconds because John was with his therapist :'( I was like 'nooooo!'

I would say the second series was even better than the first. I totally <3 ed it.

It was so cruel of them to end it like that!! And we'll have to wait ages for the third series because Freeman's doing the hobbit & the hobbit sequel and benedict cumberbatch is in loads of stuff this year :'(

i love it! i don't get time to watch it on tv though, so streaming it from the tv stations website (but it keeps acting up which is very irritating)

i really like the modern twist on sherlock, my favorite tv shows are crime dramas like CSI, midsomer murders, the mentalist, bones and NCIS so really glad to see a different take on the genre

The first series was fantastic but the second series took it to a whole new level. Great guest stars as well - Irene Adler, Moriarty, Henry Knight.

The ending was brilliant and frustrating at the same time - I'm desperate to know how Holmes did it. And, yep, it's going to be ages until the third series. Aside from Cumberbatch and Freeman's film projects, Steven Moffat has to work on Doctor Who as well. It's going to be a long, long wait.

Also, have you heard that an American channel is also planning their own version of Sherlock Holmes set in modern day New York? I doubt it could ever match up to the BBC's Sherlock.

Yay annukii you love it too <3 So much love for Sherlock up in dis board ;D

I was crying anyway but the ending made me cry tears of frustration too! I knew he wouldn't actually not come back but still -_- So cruel of moffat and gatiss to leave us hanging like that. Oh yeah the guest characters: Oh my gosh I loved moriarty so much he was insane but brilliant. Adler and Knight both were excellent characters.

Can I just say also that Sherlock and Molly at the little Christmas shindig at the Baker Street flat was so cute ;) I love Molly

Urgh I know. I just hope it will be as good as this series has been when it finally comes XD

I was crying anyway but the ending made me cry tears of frustration too! I knew he wouldn't actually not come back but still -_- So cruel of moffat and gatiss to leave us hanging like that. Oh yeah the guest characters: Oh my gosh I loved moriarty so much he was insane but brilliant. Adler and Knight both were excellent characters.

Can I just say also that Sherlock and Molly at the little Christmas shindig at the Baker Street flat was so cute ;) I love Molly

Urgh I know. I just hope it will be as good as this series has been when it finally comes XD

Moriarty was just insane - such a good reimagining of the character. Perfect adversary for Holmes and Watson.

Molly's adorable. And she had to be involved in Sherlock's final plan.

I really like Lestrade as well. One of my favourites scenes was when Sherlock didn't realise his first name was Greg. :rolleyes_anim: Normally so observant.

Martin Freeman gave one of his finest performances in Reichenbach Fall.

He was just brilliant. I think another BAFTA has to come his way.

Moriarty was just insane - such a good reimagining of the character. Perfect adversary for Holmes and Watson.

Molly's adorable. And she had to be involved in Sherlock's final plan.

I really like Lestrade as well. One of my favourites scenes was when Sherlock didn't realise his first name was Greg. :rolleyes_anim: Normally so observant.

He was just brilliant. I think another BAFTA has to come his way.

Oh another BAFTA win definitely.

Sherlock's ignorance at Lestrade's first name was hilarious, poor Lestrade has his hands full with the Holmes brothers, forget Moriarty and his schemes.

I haven't seen the whole second season yet (so I skipped reading other people's posts in case of spoilers). But I agree, Sherlock is AMAZING!!! DFSJALKFSJ!!!! :O

I read the books and honestly, this is the best Sherlock interpretation I've ever seen. It's amazing and I wish I lived in the UK because it would make accessing the show so much easier >_>

• 2 weeks later...

The 2nd season was simply AMAZING! They know just how to end it too, leaving us all wanting more. Remember how the 1st season ended too? Such an argh moment having to wait so long to know how they'd get out of that and now this ending... I'm sure it will be explained beautifully.