Just To Be Clear On The Hidden Tower Discount

Angeló

Hi *gives cookies*. My side account is older than my main account. Old enough to enjoy all the loyal user perks that my main is not able yet to enjoy. I was wondering if it's allowed to buy products from the Attic, or the Hidden Tower with discount, on my side account, providing of course the points come from my main account. (please remove my username) Thanks. ~username removed

We discussed this at great length and finally came to the conclusion that as long as you do have at least one account old enough to enjoy user perks, you may restock from the Attic and the Hidden Tower on discount day, with the following rules:

~You may only restock at these two shops using ONE account. Once you're banned for the day, there's no hopping to other accounts, or trying to avoid getting banned by using multiple accounts.

~Funds must come from your main.

~Please try to enjoy the perks in the spirit they were intended, and try not spend your time looking for loopholes in the rules. ;)

this is a direct quote from TNT on the NT Editorial

so , just to be more clear .. I AM allowed to buy a HT item on my aged side , as long as the funding is from main ... but to transfer 1Mil+ to that side , I will need to use the TP and transfer 800k at a time ... right ??? TNT won't think I'm cheating , right ? bcz I need to do 3 trades to transfer the NP needed for the Royal PB ...

as long as your side account is used according to every other rule regarding sides (no RS at normal shops, no games etc) there is no problem.

it also helps if the account states it is a side, and TNT can always look at the activity patterns of your side.

i've transferred large amounts of NP no problem through the trading post. otherwise i do it through shops (overpricing items), since my shop is a relic from the days there were no galleries.

anyone ever done it through a NF auction? normally i just use the TP, but auction has the higher limit.

The safest method I am aware of to transfer funds would be by gifting an item, example: if you want to transfer 7mil to your side account, buy a Ghostkerbomb via Auction House then gift it to your side account.

To answer the question at hand, so long as you don't buy an item on your Main and Side Account you are fine, taking advantage of the discounted prices by buying on two separate accounts is considered cheating.

huh ? buy a G bomb then give the G bomb then sell the G bomb ?? this will take a week lol

i just did it anyway via Trades ... I moved the money and got the PB ... my Lupe is now Royal :D check him out here http://www.neopets.c...tml?pet=drastan

and I can't buy on 2 accounts even I wanted to (which of course I don't) ... my main is only 38 months old .. and you need to be at least 60 months to get HT discount ...

it also helps if the account states it is a side

of course it does ...

as selling the item could be construed as making nps, i've never sold anything on my side and always transferred pure nps. anyone got any advice on that?

Hiya, folks! I just downloaded the nifty toolbar and like it a lot - but I've got a question. I understand that you get prizes from using the toolbar, and I'm a bit nervous about using it with the browser I use for my side accounts (I use two different browsers so I don't get muddled about which account I'm logged in to). I don't want to get frozen! It doesn't seem like it would be freezable to get a prize on a side account, but I've been surprised by some of your answers on what's freezable and what's not, so I want to be dead certain before using it. (I really wish you guys would do a checklist thing for what's OK with side accounts and publish it here, so we'd have a reference to go to.) Thanks -- and I love the toolbar! ~dejectedkat

You need to "pick up" your prizes from the toolbar; it's not something that is automatically given to you like in a Random Event. While, yes, you may feel free to use the toolbar on multiple browsers, please refrain from collecting prizes with any account but your main (much like the Advent Calendar). As for side accounts, here are some things you can and can't do:

You MAY:

Send items received through Random Events to your main account.

Visit the Healing Springs.

Place trades up with the intent of transferring funds or items to your side account.

Train your Neopets (this includes their free training on pet days).

Make a gallery.

You may NOT:

Use a shop.

Make profit.

Do dailies or receive items from special offers.

Participate in plots or site events.

Play games.

And, because we know it will be asked, we'll say it now. Just because something is not on this list doesn't mean that you can claim that it's okay for you to do it on a side account. -_- These are just some common examples.

This is question 3947, archived from

Editorial Issue 254.

so last time i use my shop to transfer nps then.

edit: and congrats on the Royal PB!

i've never sold anything on my side and always transferred pure nps. anyone got any advice on that?

no , u can't sell anything on your side .. there were lots of Resellers doing trades on their sides in addition to their mains and that is a freezing offense ....

so ... if I gift an item to my side it has to stay an item as I can't sell it there ...

I was referring to after you have purchased the item from your side account the safest thing to do would be to transfer the item itself to your main.

It would be safest to do everything yourself from your main. I would only recommend purchasing from your side account if you already have the funds there and you do not have enough on your main to make the purchase.

you seem to be in a grey area yourself .. you're not allowed to buy or sell anything on your side EXCEPT if you have loyal user perks not available on your main ...

the only reason i'm using my side to buy from the HT is because it's aged and I get 3% discount ... that's it - and the PB stayed on that account and was used on that account too ... so obviously I didn't do it for profit ...

i was just asking if multiple trades look suspicious to TNT ... but apparently not :)

Whenever I need to transfer monies to my side using the TP I put in my Wishlist "Transferring NP". That way if TNT looks at my stuffs they can see what I'm upto ^_^

Whenever I need to transfer monies to my side using the TP I put in my Wishlist "Transferring NP". That way if TNT looks at my stuffs they can see what I'm upto ^_^

that's a really clever idea i'm gonna do it next time :)