U.S. Internet Censorship

Sithis

cyber hack-tivist group Anonymous targeted websites considered to be connected to SOPA including the FBI, Sony etc, and posted personal details of personnel involved, including family members names, addresses etc (not cool).

the arrests in NZ were early news and at the time of posting no details had been released as to why other than it was related to website Megaupload.

Hold on a moment, is this why the other forum I go on isn't working? Because although I'm English, I know it's a American site, right?

Hold on a moment, is this why the other forum I go on isn't working? Because although I'm English, I know it's a American site, right?

If you're talking about JNF/JN, they're having host problems. It has nothing to do with SOPA/PIPA.

If you're talking about JNF/JN, they're having host problems. It has nothing to do with SOPA/PIPA.

What kind of problems? And do they know when it will be sorted?

it was up briefly, some poeple on NC managed to update their lists, but its back down again.

thanks for the info about it being hacked, everyone on NC said it was an arguement with their server provider, but i'm guessing no-one dares mention the word hacked.

edit: got a bit offtrack, sorry

and NC was referring to the NeoCash Neoboard, and JN's item database and especially wishlists, have been sorely missed, most peoples are inaccurate at the moment.

it was up briefly, some poeple on NC managed to update their lists, but its back down again.

thanks for the info about it being hacked, everyone on NC said it was an arguement with their server provider, but i'm guessing no-one dares mention the word hacked.

What is NC?(It's obviously not NeoCash) I was talking about another site that did come back but is down again. :(

Guys, let's keep the conversation on topic. This topic is to discuss US Internet Censorship, not any issues with any sites being down. (Unless they were removed by the government, which the site being discussed was not.)

• 3 weeks later...

I think the government is using anything possible as a "reason" to censor. Ever since WWII, their government has tried to censor their citizens in every single way. After 911, uS government tried again to use "security" as an excuse to censor everything. But I believe it's because weapons/defense industry needs to make money so they convince the government to waste money on systems that won't be able to do much. (Look at the gulf war for example, the media only said that iraq invaded kuwait for no reason, but never mentioned how kuwait was slant drilling into iraqi soil). Why? because the defense industry wants to make money and the government would benefit from their taxes. As for the internet, it is still censored because the government works for the rich, and those wealthy entertainment companies (like Viacom) wants to control the entire industry so that they can make more money.

As a conclusion, US government tries to censor everything that would benefit the rich.