How not to get frozen?

anulkaaaa

The best way to not get frozen is to not play neopets. x3 Rather than fixing certain issues, they've resorted to just banning anyone who looks funny.

Here's the neopets ToC, and I know it's naughty to post outside links but PPT has a really nice and simple guide here.

I hope that helps.

just really never use the neoboards is my tip.

for the most part i believe TNT will overlook most minor infractions, but infractions involving multiple accounts or any hint of a possible scam is dealt with severely.

i have heard lots of stories of unfair freezing, but as it is online based, often these are hard to investigate, so while i don't agree, i can see why they may decide certain things.

i still think alot of it is overkill for a childrens game site.

Do not use the word "cucumbers". Or "something". Or... actually, it's just insane the words you can't use. I'm going to stop now. Also, in regards to not using the neoboards: it seems to be more a case of people being report-button happy than actual mods looking at stuff. So if you get neomails from people that seems to be deliberately trying to get you angry, just report and move on, don't respond in kind.

Another thing not mentioned so far is in regards to the TP. If you deliberately offer significantly lower on an item than it's worth (like offering 300000 on a baby PB) you can get called up for scamming. Also, if you accept an extremely high offer (e.g. 800000 on a rotten sandle or (as a slightly more realistic example) on, say, a bronze scorchstone) it looks like you're part of some mass scam and people are trying to move money around; or you're taking advantage of newer players. Either either.

The best way to not get frozen is to not play neopets. x3 Rather than fixing certain issues, they've resorted to just banning anyone who looks funny.

Here's the neopets ToC, and I know it's naughty to post outside links but PPT has a really nice and simple guide here.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for the link to the PPT guide! I learned something new just now (that you can visit the Healing Springs on sides; I thought you couldn't cause you can get potions)

i found that out recently too after my pet caught neomonia :P very handy to be able to use the springs. Also the neolodge is fine too, since thats how i caught the neomonia in the first place, feeding my pet poison jelly >.> because i thought using the neolodge would be cheating.

and thats true about it being more about the people on the neoboards being report happy, but its also a case of user name notoriety, if you get well known on the boards you increase your risk of being targeted by trolls and suchlike. also its very easy to get drawn into disputes, and i've heard of people being frozen for attempting to warn people about scams/scammers

its a case really of in doubt, ask. but don't ask on the neo boards.

that ppt guide is good (if very long :P guess it would be these days!) its good to refresh my understanding of the ToC after so long.

the filters also don't like the word cumulus (was trading regarding cumulus wings, very frustrating) the cucumber thing is interesting. somewhere there is a list of words we can't use, wonder what else is on that list? :P (although i don't recommend trying to see what words pass/fail, people been frozen for testing the filters too)

while i was looking up all this info about side accounts i found out that the messages people leave in their user lookup regarding "family/BF/random people use this computer/IP so don't freeze me!" are considered irrelevant by TNT and don't provide any protection against freezing. (http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=222) which the majority of players do anyway..

Some people put notes on their lookup saying that more than one person uses the computer, so there may be more than one account gaining NP or items from the IP. Do you actually read these notes and take them into consideration when you are thinking about freezing/suspending someone for gaining NP/doing dailies on multiple accounts? ~ melodicdreams

Nope, they don't do any good. Anyone can say they have a sister/parent/friend who uses the same computer/IP address/email whether it's true or not and, unfortunately, people do lie about such things to try and get away with cheating. Because of this, the monitors have to go by the information we have on each account (which is quite extensive) rather than by the user's word.

I wouldn't recommend it.

This is from an Editorial:

Hi TNT, I love to play Key Quest, but unfortunately I run into a lot of players who quit when you're about to win. I generally ignore it, but several people have mentioned Neomailing the person or sending them a Pile of Dung. Is this allowed?

Although quitters can be frustrating, sending them a Pile of Dung, posting their name on a board, or sending them a mean Neomail is considered harassment (and therefore a warnable offence). If you would like to report a user, please fill out the form located here and we will be happy to look into it for you without the use of a Dung Catapult.

While Editorial says a mean Neomail, even if you're polite, the person could take it wrong and report you, so I would suggest simply reporting them, instead of contacting them at all.

As long as you're not going over-board, and you're reporting for solid reasons (or what appears to be. You wouldn't be able to know if they didn't skip a turn on purpose) I wouldn't think you would have an issue. TNT will look into the issue and act accordingly. If they see nothing wrong with what the person did, they'll just move on. If they do see something, they'll take the right actions.

Honestly, dear. I'd just move on. Find a handful of people you trust/enjoy playing with.

WoW ran into the same problem when they introduced the LFG system that's cross-server. It's pretty much anonymous, so no one holds you accountable for your actions and it doesn't matter if you drop group right when the tank pulls the boss. The best way to combat this is to find people, individuals, who are honest players, and play with them. There's a board here on TDN where you can find people to play with, too. :)