Can someone spell-check this for me?

Viridian

Hello,

I've summarized a project which I've been working on the past months. I was hoping someone could spelling/grammatically check the summary for me, as it'll be graded on use of English.

Download it here: http://www.adrive.com/public/ad4ac0ac0680e1caee2ce9008d373dd13f492bcefe375d30bcdb30292570a798.html

I downloaded it as well, and I didn't see any spelling mistakes. Also, my Microsoft Word finds two minor grammar errors in the first paragraph, but nothing major.

I downloaded it. Unfortunately I haven't the means to upload a response myself so I'll say it here.

Something I might keep in mind is the redundance of words and repetitive use of phrases. Repetition is a powerful way to enforce something you're trying to get across, but when it happens over and over again it has a tendancy to become dull and flat. You might try looking up synonyms of Language or ways of refering to the English Language, without actually saying it - once you've noted it in the first paragraph, your reader will typically be able to follow so long as you lightly poke them back in that direction.

Also, try reading the paragraphs aloud and see if you stumble in places ((if your tongue gets tied, or if you feel like you're 'off beat'.)) The written word is a lot like music - people love it when the tunes and beats harmonize together but it becomes difficult to interpret when even the slightest dischord happens. You feel it in your ears even if you can't quite pinpoint what it is exactly that isn't working. When that happens the best thing to do is to reword either the phrase itself or the ones around it and see if you cant weave them together a bit better.

The grammar and spelling in your summary seem fine, though. :0

Thanks all of you. I think I've gotten enough feedback to hand it in :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Viridian).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Viridian if you have any questions regarding this action.