Is this something I should report?

annikarose

Another user that I don't know - someone I had gifted to from my Habi - recently asked me if they could borrow 350k np to get the stock avvie, and offered to give me a wearable item as "collateral". They didn't mention which item. At first I didn't think much of it, since their account is only two weeks old. I NMed back saying and said 'no, I don't know you that well, blah blah...'

And then today I get a defensive NM telling me they will "give me 100k" after they get the avatar. I started NMing back about how collateral works :rolleyes_anim: but now I'm starting to think I should just report them and not answer. Advice? I've never dealt with anything like this before.

I'd report. People are allowed to lend but receiving gifts for it is against the rules, as is offering gifts.

Plus, it seems it could be some sort of scam. And as far as I know, you're not supposed to 'lend' the stock avatar. I saw someone try on the AC and get told you can't be lent that. I'd report them because I'm just like that.

Giving something is return for a lend is against the rules. If that person offered a collateral, the amount of the object should be equal to or greater than 350,000. The transaction will be via the trading post. Just report that person and block him/her.

Since this has been answered and the person reported, I'm closing the topic.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.