Mostly Nay, with a slight yay which really doesn't register at all in the grand scheme of things

Kaana

Nay: My favourite grandma died. And I'm flying out for the funeral tomorrow (in 17 hours, to be exact).

Yay: I get to see Ireland again, for the first time in four years. And the rest of my Irish family.

So yeah, not much else to say. Bearing in mind that this will be the second time I have ever met these people in memory, is it weird I'm looking forward to the actual country than my family? No, I'm not going to talk about my grandma on here.

EDIT: Nay, because of the price to get us there, we can't afford it, and we aren't going.

First of all, my condolences.

And no, it is not weird that you are looking forward to the country more than the people. Being away from the homeland makes you miss all kinds of weird things (like rude cashiers in my case). Especially if you are not that close to the people, it makes sense that you'd miss the country more - you somehow know it better, I suppose.

*big hugs* Sorry about your Grandma!

No, it's not weird to be more excited about the country than hanging around people you hardly know - but who knows, maybe you'll find that you enjoy some of your extended family!? :)