Can I get rare colours/restricted pets from the lab map?

linsta

If my account is under 4 months old? I am assuming yes, but I just want to make sure before I go and get the last piece.

I'm still kind of deciding on whether or not I'm going to complete the lab map now. There are lots of things I want to save for (ahem~draiks) but I have 8/9 pieces of the lab map so it's tempting =). I want to get it to supplement my pet training. Although I am also worried about zapping my pet to level 1. Does anyone know if this is a common occurrence? Or worth the risk? My pet still has low stats now, but I'm thinking more in the future when I get his stats up. Also, does the lab map reduce any other stats?

I'm pretty sure that you can still get restricted pets if your account is under 4 months. So yes. :)

As for the pet dropping to level 1 thing, I believe there is a cut-off. Let's say it's level 50 (I think it's around there), then after level 50, you have virtually no chance of dropping to level 1. I'm not 100% sure on this though, so better wait for someone more knowledgeable to answer. :P

Here's the TDN article on the map for full information but to summarize in relation to your questions:

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/secret-laboratory/

Yes, you can get the map if your under 3 months (my under 1 month account pet turned Maraquan)

I did get the go back to level one a bunch but it doesn't seem to happen after your pet is over level 20.

You can loose strength, level, movement, and defense but you can also gain all of them.

Hmm. Can anyone confirm it doesnt happen after level 20~50? I'm just wondering because one of my friend's pets has pretty high stats (I think str around 300 and hp over 800) and her pet was level 1. She said it got zapped by the lab ray and reduced to level 1, but I"m not sure when that was, so maybe Ill ask her.

Thanks for all the help =)

1. My pets frequently got zapped back down to level one when I had used the lab ray on them. It was pretty frequently. My pets ARE under 20-50. I have no idea if there's a cut off but I had always thought not. I mean, the lab is meant to be risky, right? TNT needs to make you concerned since the lab can make your pets look dazzling. I've managed to have many rare pets because of the lab....

Hmm. Can anyone confirm it doesnt happen after level 20~50? I'm just wondering because one of my friend's pets has pretty high stats (I think str around 300 and hp over 800) and her pet was level 1. She said it got zapped by the lab ray and reduced to level 1, but I"m not sure when that was, so maybe Ill ask her.

In regards to your friend, you can have other stats like hp well over 20 and still be at level 20 so she may have gotten sent back to level one when her level was lower and just didn't realize it. There may be a small chance to get sent back to level 1 when your pet is in the 20 to 40 range but pets over 40 I am highly skeptical that it has ever happened. There is no proof (aka screen shots of it happening) to prove that it has happened to someone with a high level so I am highly skeptical of those claims. I also know that this is not good proof but I would get the "return to level 1" from the lab usually more than once every week until I hit around level 20 and I have never had it since so that was all the proof I have.

You gots to remember as well though that you could lose levels over a period of time, potentially making your pet able to be zapped back down to one. I'm pretty sure that peoples are right and that level 20 is the cut off for that.

Personally I've tried using the lab for training and it was infuriating!!

In under a month I've managed to get Organs to almost 100 even HSD with dubloons - I'd say you're likely to get more satisfying results that way. I frequently go up by two points ^_^

i think it's possible to get zapped back to base level after level 20, just less likely. i had a pet that was level 30, and over time he got zapped back to level 10 (and i'm sure he would've kept losing levels if i kept zapping)

my current lab pet is over level 50, but every once in a while he still loses stats, so i try to train him a bit just to keep him 50+ (for berserk)

mine was level 30 at one stage, and got down to level 13 a few days ago, because it kept taking 2 levels off me :(. so its probably possible to have a really bad run of luck, fall below the 20 cutoff and then get a dreaded level 1 zap.

pretty sure the 4 month thing is for adopting rare pets only, and doesn't apply to painting or zapping them, because you aquire them under your own merit

Going down in level is not such a bad thing. It's worse to go UP in level too far because you can get an increase in training time/cost before you're ready for it.

I'm also pretty sure it doesn't happen after certain levels. It is possible your friend lost those levels over time, which is why it's so important to keep your stats evened out with regular training, alongside zapping.