Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

There are three gyms at my high school, a wrestling room, a weight room (even though I don't know where that is) and two locker rooms- one for the guys and one for the girls.

The locker room at my high school is so much better than the one at my middle school. The locker room at the middle school was dirty, old and dark (and I could swear it was probably haunted at one point or another), whereas the one at the high school is clean, light and new :)

Sadly, the lockers in the high school locker room are a pain in the butt to open. For that matter, all the lockers (gym and regular) are a pain in the butt to open.

I hated the locker rooms in my HS. There was only 2 rows of lockers. At my middle school, it was broken down in a ton of rows, so there were less being around. And in middle school, there was the shower room to duck into to change. In HS, the showers and such were in with the pool.

There isn't a swim team (or even a pool) at my school. In fact, I could care less if my school did get a pool.

I'd be more excited if my school got an ice rink (and they got a hockey team and/or ice skating troupe). I think I can ice skate better than I can swim. :P

But where would they get the money for that? There are already way too many budget cuts going on so an ice rink isn't gonna happen any time in the near future. :(

There isn't a swim team (or even a pool) at my school. In fact, I could care less if my school did get a pool.

I'd be more excited if my school got an ice rink (and they got a hockey team and/or ice skating troupe). I think I can ice skate better than I can swim. :P

Oh geez. x_x I'm such a horrible ice skater. I couldn't do it to save my life. I love to swim though :woot:

The required swim? I know it's a requirement of my school, I don't know if it's district-wide or not.

Swim is part of our gym class. They change what they teach each semester. And you pick one, and have it for a quarter. Like Basketball or swim. Then whatever you did the first quarter, you do the other during the second quarter. Swim is one of the choices.

At my school, one needs two gym credits to graduate. They're worth a quarter of a credit per semester, there are two semesters in a year, it's a half a credit per year, so you have to take gym (or sports if you're in grades 10 + 11) for your entire high school career. :(

I would love a schedule like that, Spritzie. D:

Here, each semester is half a credit, and the credit quotas are -

1 - PE

.5 - Computers

4 - English

4 - Math

2 - Foreign Language

3 - Science

3 - History

And either 4 or 8 for special arts or something... I'm in a 4 year class which thankfully counts towards some of those arts credits though. Otherwise i'd have to have a-hours or drop AVID...

*digs out book with course information*

So, at my school, you need 4 credits for English and Social Studies, 3 for Math and Science, 1 for languages and the arts, 2 for phys ed, 3.5 for electives and 0.5 for health.

If it's possible, I'll do science for three years. It's my least favourite subject and I have no plans on doing anything science-related after I graduate :P

I will take math and French up until my senior year, even though it's not required that you take either of those courses for the rest of your high school career. (For math, you have to if you're in two-year algebra or something like that. I'm only taking French up until senior year because I'm pretty good at it.)

My school has two semesters each year, and in each class you get 1 credit (unless the class is only half of a semester). So when I said that we needed 2 P.E. credits, I meant either one whole year or two half years :P

For mine theres dual-emrollment for english and history. Im pretty sure for science and math too, but i'm focusing on getting the ones for history and english. I'm in honors english now, and i'll be doing that and hopefully AP history next year.