Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I didn't think the sub was all that cool. I loved the Queen Mary much more. They restored it, and turned it into a hotel. The 1st class staterooms became the guest cabins. You could walk all the decks, see the area where the pool was. They have a chapel set up. It was awesome.

Why would it be silly? It was a cool experience, since it's the Titanic's sister ship. You kind of got the feeling of what the Titanic could have looked like. I loved it. And from across the bay, it eerily, did look like the Titanic.

An Ice hotel sounds way too cold.

The ice hotel actually looks pretty awesome from what I've seen of it.

Haha yeah, I have to agree though. Subs are pretty boring. And horribly cramped. The ship would be cool though, I think. You could do Titanic reenactments :P

The ice hotel actually looks pretty awesome from what I've seen of it.

Haha yeah, I have to agree though. Subs are pretty boring. And horribly cramped. The ship would be cool though, I think. You could do Titanic reenactments :P

Hopefully these reenactments wouldn't be TOO in depth. ;)

Does that mean we get to shoot giant chunks of ice at the hull? :P

Random Titanic facts:

- If the Titanic had run head-on into the iceberg, the damage from the impact would have been dealt to its bow, which was much stronger than the rest of the hull. It's likely that if this were the case, only a few compartments would have flooded, and the ship wouldn't have sunk.

- The Titanic's middle propeller was not designed to run backwards. When the ship's engines went into reverse, the middle propeller just stopped. The ship's rudder was mounted behind this propeller, so it only worked well when the middle propeller was running. If the ship had turned at full speed instead of trying to reverse at the same time, it would probably have avoided the iceberg.

Does that mean we get to shoot giant chunks of ice at the hull? :P

Random Titanic facts:

- If the Titanic had run head-on into the iceberg, the damage from the impact would have been dealt to its bow, which was much stronger than the rest of the hull. It's likely that if this were the case, only a few compartments would have flooded, and the ship wouldn't have sunk.

- The Titanic's middle propeller was not designed to run backwards. When the ship's engines went into reverse, the middle propeller just stopped. The ship's rudder was mounted behind this propeller, so it only worked well when the middle propeller was running. If the ship had turned at full speed instead of trying to reverse at the same time, it would probably have avoided the iceberg.

Really? I'd never know that. I used to love reading stuff about the Titanic.

I've been in the Queen Mary a couple times

it feels really creepy, people say it's hainted

I didn't find it creepy. I thought it was very cool... kind of like stepping back into the past. I'd wanted to the whole, Ghosts of the Queen Mary tour, but we didn't have time.

Ah it's so hot out. Been outside doing yardwork all day, bleh. <.<

Anyway, anyone here currently? CAV? Spritze? Divya hopefully? Possibly Anisha? Noog? Livvy? JB? Ruto? Laura? CC possibly? Tyler?

Did I miss anyone? I think i'm forgetting some of the usual HOP people...

WEMBLY! I knew I forgot someone!

I got my face sunburned after spending 7.5 hours outside yesterday. xD I look like I have an abnormally large tomato for a head.

Me and some friends were outside because we were having an epic water balloon fight. :O

It's just been a yucky hot here. Sometimes 90 degrees in the evenings. I like the heat, but it's just been too hot.

I haven't sunburned this year. (Not enough time outside) but part of my hair has been bleached blonde a bit, by my forehead. :laughingsmiley:

I don't know... when the water fight isn't fair, is when it's the most fun. Usually. I remember family reunions years ago. The kids ran around with water balloons... my great uncle ran around with a pressurized water tank.

It was like a metal tank that you pumped to build up the pressure, they you could spray with it. I don't know what it's original use was, but that's what he used it for. It was best to just stay away from him when he had it.