Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

It was overcast all day here. We got a little rain, but not loud enough to hear, so it can't have been much.

And your advertisement was successful. ;)

EDIT: And of course, I am ninja'd. :P

Huh. Did you get in touch with her to ask what had happened? Maybe something came up. By the way, Will, when does school start for you?

I know! It's such a shock! /also sarcasm

It's a study guide for Econ. This teacher thrives on study guides. Some of them are really long, too. This one has 59 terms/concepts, and it MUST be handwritten. I'm about... 5/8 through.

Huh. Did you get in touch with her to ask what had happened? Maybe something came up. By the way, Will, when does school start for you?

Not yet, but I don't have my phone, which may be part of the problem. That's why she wanted to hang out - my phone's been out all summer so I haven't really done anything with anybody for most of the time.

School starts this Monday. I'm super excited. </sarcasm> <_<

The power button wasn't working. I sent it in for repair, and apparently the whole situation was "mishandled" and they only finally started shipping it back to me last week. Hopefully I'll get it before school starts.

Yeah I know. Homework, projects, tests...it's so exciting! :P

But I can't, it's graded. =[ Otherwise I wouldn't bother at all.

Step One in Noog's school of not caring: Don't turn it in.

Unless you're school system decides to "keep up with the times" and upgrade the school's databases to let parents check grades at home AND automatically send a phone call to your parents whenever you get an F on an assignment :/

Our school just puts the grades up online for our parents to see. I think most schools do that now. My parents don't really check my grades, since they assume I'll have A's :P

Personally, as long as I do the bare minimum to get an A, I'm fine with whatever. Like once I got a 0/40 in my math homework because I still had an A, so to me there really wasn't a point in doing it.

We get the automatic online parental update, but no phone call. Oh gosh, that would suck. o_O Thank goodness my school hasn't figured out how to do that yet.

EDIT: I can't do that. I'm such an overachiever. Not turning something in makes me freak out. Though I did cut myself slack with math homework last year. She didn't really check it, so I never really did it.

Yup, the phone calls do suck.

Which is why I've raised the homework standard to C :thumbsup: As long as homework isn't too much points, awesome tests cancel out bad homework :P

EDIT: My mind stopped reading at "I cut myself" and I was like: WAIT WHAT? D:

I'm an over-achiever, but a lazy over achiever :P You've got to know where you can have some losses ;)

Yeah. I love tests, cause they're actually what keep my grades up. Best part is, I never study either :P

I think the reason why our school doesn't do the whole phone call thing is because people at my school fail. All the time.

People at my school fail. People that fail at my school are also the people who have parents that lie about their phone number on official school docs.

I don't study either :O

We have too many kids who just don't care. If they started calling for every F, they'd be calling constantly. And a lot of the kids who constantly fail, their parents don't care either. It's kinda sad.

I never study either. :D And if I do study, the extent of it is just reviewing concepts with my friend. We have identical learning styles, so studying together is painless and helpful.

EDIT: No, Noog, I do not cut myself. *holds up wrists* See? Clean!

:P Meanie.

See ya in a bit, then!

Random fact from Livvy's homework: A proxy is a ballot that gives stockholders' representatives the right to vote on corporate matters.

^ See what kind of exciting stuff I'm working with?

OMIGOSH! I finally understand what he's saying! I hadn't noticed it before... There's a line in Rumors that says something like "Blah blah blah proxy new social member blah blah..." and I didn't get the "proxy" bit. It makes sense now!

Sorry. I had a moment. And I didn't know those ways around school filters were called proxies. :P

Wait, what's Rumors?

Yeah, but schools usually block proxies. And the thing about using them is that after a while the school catches on and blocks the proxy you were just using.

Hm... I'll see if I can record the show somehow. Like a dress rehearsal. It obviously can't go on HeyTDN, because it's way longer than 15 minutes, but I could maybe send the file to you guys? It wouldn't really be live, but... Yes? No? Maybe?