Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I work in the data center of a large computer company. My team monitors their backups, making sure there's no errors, and such. It's a 24/7 job, so I have a lot of downtime. So that means plenty of time on here and Neopets.

Huh. That's something I could never do. I'm just not that great at nor do I have a particular affinity for computers. Sitting around and doing something like that sounds terribly dull.

Though I suppose I contradict myself by saying I could see myself being an accountant. It's not what I'm currently planning to be, but I've considered it, and that boringness doesn't sound bad to me. :P

is Star Wars Battlefront 2 a really good game tring to find some games I may be able to play in my spare time

Depends on what you like. It's like Call of Duty only Star Wars style and the plot part isn't anywhere as good or controlled. xD

I've always wanted to work in a bank. That or a libary. :yes:

Banks and libraries have two things in common: They're quiet, and they deal with people en masse. I can't deal with people en masse. If I have to work with people, it needs to be on an individual level.

It is pretty dull. We work mostly 12 hour shifts. Of those 12 hours, probably 2-3 of those are doing active work. So the rest of the time is left open. I don't get bored really, because I get on here, and Neopets. And I always have a book to read. It's actually pretty nice. I enjoy it.

Plus, I love computers.

Ah. I don't think I've leisure read in quite a while. I should do that. soon.

Why have 12 hour work days if you only do active work for 3 hours? What are you SUPPOSED to do for the other 9 or so? *is curious*

I want to be a pediatrician. At least, I think that's what I want to be. But I might want to do something more related to environmental preservation or sustainability. Or possibly something math/logic related. I really don't know what I'm going to be. Whatever it is, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. :)

EDIT: Bleh, this is what I get for working on my drawing instead of responding immediately. :P Hiya Doc!

Thanks! :)

Gaah I wont see ya then! I suffer from insomnia.. at 13 *dreads tonight* so I won't be back till about 3:30 CST :P

Hi livvy! ^^

Livvyyy. Hiya. Watcha been up too in your missing-weeks? And...sounds like fun. I dunno if that would work so well for me, cause I'm not too fabulous with heights. hehe.

I want to be a pediatrician. At least, I think that's what I want to be. But I might want to do something more related to environmental preservation or sustainability. Or possibly something math/logic related. I really don't know what I'm going to be. Whatever it is, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. :)

Do you need to go to med school to be a pediatrician? And just out of curiosity, why do you want to go into pediatrics?

I want to go into the medical field myself. I'm thinking about becoming an immunologist.

I want to be a writer though too. Oh, the choices. x_x

Good! Tired :P I've been at a keyboarding class all the past week

Piano? Awesome :D. Working on/learn any interesting pieces lately?

I've been away for three weeks. This past week I de-roofed and re-roofed a house. :D It was pretty awesome. It was also really hot.

Wait, so where have you been o_O?

But that does sound pretty awesome :P

I'm sure that you have to go do med school to be any kind of doctor. I don't think it matters...if you're working with kids or adults, you have to go to med school.

Well I'm not sure you have to go into med school. Apparently certain types of doctors can go to grad school and get a Ph.D. instead of an M.D. (immunologists being one of them).

True, but from what my counselor told me, a Ph.D. won't be nearly as useful as an M.D., especially in terms of average salary. Plus, if you go for a Ph.D. but have most classes in preparation for an M.D. it may be more difficult to find a job since you might lack special skills acquired in classes that certain employers deem necessary for their doctors. I'm just doing general studies this year until I can choose as well. I figure it's best to take classes I know will be useful in any career I decide upon.

On the other hand, you could do the whole luxury doctor thing like Royal Pains. :P

Ah. I don't think I've leisure read in quite a while. I should do that. soon.

Why have 12 hour work days if you only do active work for 3 hours? What are you SUPPOSED to do for the other 9 or so? *is curious*

Basically, someone has to be onsite at all times, in the case that something happens, or they need something. More often than we'd like, we get Critical restores, where we have to get the requested tapes back onsite within 3 hours. (We store our used back up tapes offsite at a 3rd party location.) So someone needs to be around all the time. Nights, weekends, holidays.

What's the luxury doctor thing? I don't know the series. I'm more of a fan of House :P

It's a show on USA. It's about a doctor who moves to the Hamptons to be a concierge doctor to the rich and famous. It's a pretty sweet show. Totally unrealistic, but still fun to watch, especially if you like medical shows.

Do you need to go to med school to be a pediatrician? And just out of curiosity, why do you want to go into pediatrics?

I want to go into the medical field myself. I'm thinking about becoming an immunologist.

I want to be a writer though too. Oh, the choices. x_x

Wait, so where have you been o_O?

But that does sound pretty awesome :P

Yes, I'd have to go to med school to be a pediatrician. I'm looking at pediatrics because I like children and children seem to like me. And because, as a CF kid, I've seen my share of pediatricians, so it's a concept I'm pretty comfortable with.

For a week, I was with my aunt and uncle on their yacht. It was fun, but when the boat wasn't moving, the air was really hot and humid. Yuck.

For another week, I was at the Furman college campus for a course in sustainable living. The class was made of 7 girls, who also made up my hall, and one boy. Lucky him - we were all fairly pretty. ;)

And last week, I was in Franklin, NC, on a mission trip with World Changers. My crew roofed a woman's house. She was 82 and still did her own gardening and even helped us clean up the shingles on the ground. The experience was amazing.

What's the luxury doctor thing? I don't know the series. I'm more of a fan of House :P

House is good. According to our professor at Furman, one of the freshman seminars is called The World According to Dr. House. I hope that's still offered when I'm a freshman.

It's a show on USA. It's about a doctor who moves to the Hamptons to be a concierge doctor to the rich and famous. It's a pretty sweet show. Totally unrealistic, but still fun to watch, especially if you like medical shows.

Haha, sounds interesting. I may have to look for it.