Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

OOOOO! When this weekend? I'll be right over! :laughingsmiley: My mom actually got me addicted to chai. She had a friend of her's, who loved coffee from Starbucks, find something she liked when my mom drove her to doctors appointments. Now my husband is addicted to it too.

haha, maybe today because I'm planning on being gone tomorrow. Hm, that's a bit of a long drive... short flight though. ;) haha.

At work, I used to have a box of tea bags in my desk, to make tea. I only knew Chai was Indian because I read a box.

Has anyone here ever heard of Celestial Seasonings tea? That's actually a Colorado tea company. Every single box of it (Which is sold across the country, and to other countries) is made completely in Colorado. They have one factory, and it's in Boulder, CO, which is about 2 hours from me. (I've actually toured it.)

I have some Celestial Seasonings tea. We used to have mostly that, but I got addicted to loose leaf tea after going to a local tea shop, so now I use mostly loose leaf tea. It's harder to take to work/school though, unless you buy tea bags or have an infuser mug. :)

Alto. But at our school we can switch so, I'm gonna try Tenor and maybe Baritone next year :D

I'm originally a flute player. (I played flute for 4 years before I did tenor sax.) I actually ended up teaching myself the sax, along with a friend that did the same. We did it to join the school's jazz band, which you usually had to try out for, to get in. But since I had been 1st chair flute, and my friend had been 2nd all through middle school (That's actually how we became friends. The 6th grade bands were split with an even amount of each instrument in each band period, and her and I were each 1st chair in our respective classes. And we had to duke it out to decide who got to sit first chair at our concerts together.) our teacher tossed us in the jazz band without trying out. It was awesome, because the jazz band was the special band (like choir vs. show choir, and such) where we traveled. We went to competitions at other schools and areas. We visited grade schools in the district, to get kids interested in joining band when they went to middle school. It was awesome.

The alto was too high pitched for me. And the baritone, well, too big first of all. The baritone sax player in the jazz band sat next to me. He was always feeling the need to empty his spit valve on my shoe. <_<

haha, maybe today because I'm planning on being gone tomorrow. Hm, that's a bit of a long drive... short flight though. ;) haha.

I have some Celestial Seasonings tea. We used to have mostly that, but I got addicted to loose leaf tea after going to a local tea shop, so now I use mostly loose leaf tea. It's harder to take to work/school though, unless you buy tea bags or have an infuser mug. :)

Awww. I can't today. We're going to dinner for my birthday. Maybe next weekend... :laughingsmiley:

I've never tried loose leaf tea. Does it taste any different?

Awww. I can't today. We're going to dinner for my birthday. Maybe next weekend... :laughingsmiley:

I've never tried loose leaf tea. Does it taste any different?

Oh that's right! Well, I'll have to practice this weekend, and then make some for you next weekend when it's perfected! :D

I can tell the difference and I think it tastes better, though there are some bagged teas that I still like. Usually when you buy it loose it's a bit fresher. I have a cup that I can pour the loose leaf tea into, and then the water drains down the bottom when it's done into your mug. I think it helps too when the leaves float around freely (that sounds silly :laughingsmiley: ). The correct temperature helps too - green and white tea will taste bitter if the temperature is too hot. I don't go as far as to have a tea thermometer though. :laughingsmiley: Oh and the place where I get tea has all sorts of flavors and kinds, so it makes it fun to try them all.

I've never had any form of hot tea. How different is it from cold tea in a restaurant?

Um, it can be brewed the same way and then put on ice, or brewed cold. Sometimes when you buy it from companies that make tea, it isn't brewed. Oh and restaurant iced tea is almost always black tea.

P.S. I'm hoping to go on a road trip all over CA in August. :)

Oh that's right! Well, I'll have to practice this weekend, and then make some for you next weekend when it's perfected! :D

I can tell the difference and I think it tastes better, though there are some bagged teas that I still like. Usually when you buy it loose it's a bit fresher. I have a cup that I can pour the loose leaf tea into, and then the water drains down the bottom when it's done into your mug. I think it helps too when the leaves float around freely (that sounds silly :laughingsmiley: ). The correct temperature helps too - green and white tea will taste bitter if the temperature is too hot. I don't go as far as to have a tea thermometer though. :laughingsmiley: Oh and the place where I get tea has all sorts of flavors and kinds, so it makes it fun to try them all.

That sounds like a good plan. :laughingsmiley:

We have these tea stores that have been popping up in Denver, called Teavana, I think. They have all loose leaf teas I think. They also have tea sets, tea pots, accessories and stuff. I saw the coolest thing. They were pretty much, rock candy. They were pomegranate sugar stirring sticks, as a way to put flavored sugar in your teas.I really want to get some of their tea. They always have 2 flavors out that they do testers for. They have a really incredible chai hot tea.

You know what's more fun than a cross country trip? A Cross continent trip, hehe, same thing but more excitingly titled.

Also you guys are really making me want to make some green tea with peach, mmmm, maybe I'll brew some.

Wow, just hit my elbow so hard my fingers went numb, owwie.

That sounds like a good plan. :laughingsmiley:

We have these tea stores that have been popping up in Denver, called Teavana, I think. They have all loose leaf teas I think. They also have tea sets, tea pots, accessories and stuff. I saw the coolest thing. They were pretty much, rock candy. They were pomegranate sugar stirring sticks, as a way to put flavored sugar in your teas.I really want to get some of their tea. They always have 2 flavors out that they do testers for. They have a really incredible chai hot tea.

They have Teavana in Arizona too... it's more expensive than my other tea shop so I don't go there much, but they do have some different teas. Being a taster would be awesome! :) The shop I like closed down it's location near me, so I have to drive 30-40 minutes now to go get tea. :sad01_anim:

You know what's more fun than a cross country trip? A Cross continent trip, hehe, same thing but more excitingly titled.

Also you guys are really making me want to make some green tea with peach, mmmm, maybe I'll brew some.

Wow, just hit my elbow so hard my fingers went numb, owwie.

That sounds delicious! (the tea of course).

Ah, a cross continent trip would be awesome, but that would require plane tickets. o_O (I like flying just not paying for tickets.)

Ah, a cross continent trip would be awesome, but that would require plane tickets. o_O (I like flying just not paying for tickets.)

One would think so, would they, but one would be wrong. We drove from the atlantic ocean up through canada to the pacific ocean sans plane tickets. Well, we did actually fly home but only because we didn't have another 2 weeks to travel and enjoy the way back.

Its strange. The one time Im awake, everyone else is asleep or at least away from this topic. But when you all are here... Im asleep.... Strange.... :hmmph02:

Its strange. The one time Im awake, everyone else is asleep or at least away from this topic. But when you all are here... Im asleep.... Strange.... :hmmph02:

It's a PLOT I say. *twists fake mustache* And a rather daring one, I might add.

Ahhh the dang plots. -stomps ground in frustration-

Psssht anyways its too late for me. I wanna wrap up in bed. Its 2:15 a.m. here! :woot: G'Night all! :thumbsup:

Good night! :)

I'm a bit restless, I haven't been sleeping so well lately. But hopefully I'll be climbing into bed soon too.

I'm back! :D Didja miss me?

To touch on a few topics you covered while I was gone...

I love Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon. And psh, Pokemon Pinball being an old GBA game? I have the GBC version, thankyouverymuch. :P

Gee thanks, Ryan. I mimicked the nodding too. Dx

You mean like the old-fashioned legit paper IQ tests? Or the silly online quizzes? I haven’t taken a real one, but I really want to.

Though I love reading, I’m not a big fan of libraries. I loved them in elementary school; I spent all time possible there. Then middle school and high school left me NO time to visit the libraries, so if I do borrow a book, it’s usually returned late. Oops.

Eww, coffee. I can’t do coffee. Coffee doesn’t like me. I just smell it. Tea is amazing. ^_^