Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Well, they're not nail clippers. I don't even have any in my room.

But I like your idea, if you think you can get close enough without being eaten.

Has anyone ever seen one of the original floppy disks? As in, back when they were actually floppy? I haven't, but I so want to. [/color]

I remember those... weren't those what they used in schools way back in the day? (aka... 90s? When I was in grade school, they had the ones like that for the Oregon Trail game. And those you had to flip over, part way through the game) Unless you mean something else, which in that case... I haven't.

Wait, what's a floppy disk? o.o

Ha exactly. I figure most younger people will be saying that in a few more years. No one younger than a certain age will have any idea what you're talking about. I remember being so excited to use Floppy Disks, especially when I had cool looking ones.

A floppy disk is like a CD but it's just way older than it...

CDs, in a way.... are a step down from a floppy. Though CDs have more space for files, you have to be super careful with them. Floppies, you could abuse a bit, as long as you didn't get a magnet near them. With CDs, they're so easy to get damaged. That's why I refuse to carry an original music CD in my car... they without fail, get scratched, even though I keep them in cases. I always burn a copy of my CDs for my car.

I think we all need to go the way of flash drives. :yes:

I remember having to attempt to move all my files from my 1st computer to my second, by floppy. It took forever. Those things were useless. But then again... with backing up my files, CDs are useless to me too now. I quit using CDs to back up my files when My Documents took 2 CDs, and My Pictures took 6. Now I have like a, 250GB auto-backup thing attached to my computer. I love the advancement of technology.

...Floppy disks? Do people still use those?

My computer doesn't even have a drive for a floppy disk. XD

I still need to use them, & the original ones too. I need to get some way old games off of them, & on to a single flash drive, so we can get rid of the floppy disks xD

*Covers tiny floppy flap on laptop with hands* Repeat with me :"I didn't just see that". :evo:

EDIT: PEPPY PUPPY PUPPETS .....PPPOPOPOPPPPOPYYPOPOT

I think CDs shouldn't be used anymore, since we can all just download stuff directly to our computers. If any physical moving is needed, use flash drives.

I had this discussion with a friend a few years ago. He was kind enough to tell me I was crazy and behind the times. We were discussing music. I prefer to buy music CDs. He preferred to download the music digitally from iTunes. He said digital downloads of music was the way the industry was going. I told him, I'd always buy the physical CD until I had absolutely no other choice. I like having the physical CD in my hands... plus I want the album covers and such. But I could just be weird...

I kind of like CD's for the simple reason that everything I touches in electronic way self-destroys within 25 days. In that case it's good with a copy on a CD.

I didn't used to be very good about backing up my files, but once, I cleared my camera onto my comp. There were 3 months worth of pictures of my kitty. (While he was a kitten. And they're only kittens once, unfortunately) And the next morning, my computer crashed. After that, I became very obsessive about backing up my files. But then I got a 250gb external, auto-back up thing. So as soon as I save a file to My Documents, or any containing folder, it's automatically backed up. It's beautiful.

Gotta love those hard drives :D. I don't have a flash disk cuz I don't save anything really but my sisters have a tonne *coughallofthemareinfestedwithviruses*.