Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I really don't like thinking about exams until it's time to take them. I manage to pass them every time. Both me and everyone I know are completely stumped as to how I can get an above average score without studying at all. :/

Out here we have state testing every year starting from third grade and going till eleventh. Those are pretty much just to see how the school is doing at teaching the children. Then some schools will have additional testing.

In grade eleven we have the ACTs which are pretty much what get you into college. :yes:

Oh darn. I missed everything :(. My parents surprised me by telling me I was going away to a camp this weekend. Thanks for giving me a notice mom and dad <_<. So yeah, basically there aren't any computers that we're allowed to use, but luckily one of my friends brought a laptop and we somehow managed to access their wi-fi, but even then this is probably the only time I'm gonna be able to post this weekend. Hopefully I'll be back by Monday though!

Hey Revenge! It's good to have you back. We missed you here.

Well it's not all that bad. I mean, at least I'm gonna get to spend a whole weekend away from them, and with the way they hawk over my shoulder all the time, it's great to finally get a chance just to do things my way.

And the people here are actually pretty cool.

Guest shanemk

Dear god why can't we cuss on this forum. So many adults in it and everyone's thinking about the poor children.

Uh, that was random...

But I personally think it's a good rule. 1) there are quite a few children here, and 2) I've been to forums where people are allowed to cuss, and it gets out of hand really quickly. Like seriously, you'll see cuss words in every post, and it gets pretty annoying.

I personally hate cussing when I see it.

(I kind of take that as being rude too, being a kid, you know, you aren't the only one on this planet)

Uh, that's because we DO have children here. Many of them have parents who would prefer they not be exposed to curse words.

If you hate that that rule is in effect it, there's always other forums.

Besides, not being allowed to cuss means that you can look for more creative ways to express your frustration. :P

Yes, I just made another random appearance. xD In response to Myles' earlier question, my area's internet service has been down for a while, and even now it's only intermittently working. On top of that I'm pretty bogged down with assignments (multiple overdue ones :O ), so I won't be especially active.

I guess that links back to a previously discussed topic. :yes: Once you get into university, exams are hardly a problem. It's the assignments that kill you.

ROFL I have a habit of cussing, trying to stop it though OTL [seriously i am, and youre getting this from a kid.]

D: AA omg.

..idk im too young lol that and i have a different school system from other countries.

What?! We dont have any assigments or anything from kind now. None. But when you reach grade 10 there this really huge project that you have to do with Power Point.

I dont know if there is any British in here but in my school we go in the GCSE way (although here it is InternationalGCSE) so practically you only study 10 years, give your O Level and you you had a really good mark you can go to collage or you can give the A Level.

/*breathes*

Wow... um... yeah... good explaintion there CC.

As a said before, we only get little tests during the year. Oh - and there's NAPLAN (formerly the BST in NSW) which everyone in Year 3, 5, 7 & 9 do. It's not hard though...

...WHAT THE-- I HAVE 3 TESTS FOR EACH TERM OTL all major and required for each subject and uh one project for every subject each term.

CC: you dont have assignments? OH mai

uh idk what my school system is. All i know is that I have

kinder1&2

prep [its not optional D: its required]

grade1-7

high school 1-4

@Morgan: Mor'ranr lifa unin hjarta onr

And well, I guess university is more assignment-oriented because that's the kinda thing you have to deal with in (dun dun dun) real-life jobs.

But maybe we could pick a lighter topic? :P

PS: I do recognise you Anna. Your character is very distinctive. ;)

Meh, well, someone not from Australia could say that our school system is messed up I guess... but Australians have gotten used to it.

It's so cold that I have a headache...

I hate living in inland Australia, around mountains and valleys and 2 hours from the beach... :O

The three of us must of posted in instant succession... because I went to post and then Anna had posted and then you posted. ;P That happens.