Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Okay.

Wellll....

I don't drink milk because I hate it, so my mom decided to be a smart *** and put a note on the cookies that said something about not being able to eat a cookie without milk. So I turned and looked at her with this forlorn face to make her laugh and it worked. But then my brother started commenting on something and my just started lecturing me that I needed milk to get Vitamin D, so (jokingly) I said, "But we can get it from the sun!" and started dancing and singing a song about the sun. But apparently my mom has no funny bone in her body so she just glares at me and says, "You can't get enough of that HERE." So I (again, jokingly) said, "Let's move to Australia then!" So she just rolls her eyes and says, "They're your bones. And besides, did you ever think that you could get MS? MY FAMILY HAS A HISTORY OF MS!"

But she doesn't get and she never will. No one does. I don't drink milk because I can't. It makes me sick to my stomach. It tastes bad even when it is fresh out of a brand new bottle.

I just can't drink it.

...And now I'm crying. I really hate my mom. I wish she would just understand.

Don't cry. It doesn't seem fair, but I think that's just misunderstanding. Mostly on her part. The logical way to deal with it would be talking. You could mention you don't like the taste of milk (though dancing and singing is more fun. Your a fun person. ^_^)

I guess I'm not that great with that kind of thing either. Whenever my parents do something like that I give them the silent treatment and be very serious about everything. I've had moments of crying before, and it helps. Plus they eventually always apologize to me. I even hated milk for most of my life, I just got used to it.

It just seems like she's taking something way too seriously. Show her that. (And orange juice also has a lot of vitamin D...)

That wouldn't make sense, though...

Show her your side.

What type of milk do you drink? I have kinda the same problem; I can't drink any milk other than skim. Any other kind of milk makes me throw up.

Maybe you can try to catch her when she's not already pissed. Just like randomly say "Mom? There's something I need to explain to you, but you have to promise to listen." Of course, that might not be the best wording, because that probably sounds way to serious, but something like that, just so you're sure she's willing to listen and calm before you tell her.

I drink whole milk. :yes: I like it! I think I may be addicted to milk, actually...

Are you lactose intolerant, Laura? Either way, just try to explain to her, calmly, that it doesn't agree with you. Mum has to do that all the time when people insist she drink coffee with them. She just can't drink it. It makes her sick.

I just cant drink milk too and never will, the only source of milk in my bones is when I add it to cornflackes.

psst, thanks.

CHEESE.

Cheeseisthebestsubstanceintheworldandifyoufoolsdon'tthinksothenyou'vegotanotherthingcoming.

Who said that? o_O

My feet are cold. T_T