Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Aww....I'm sorry about that. :(

I'd love to live somewhere outside Auckland though. I've never been to the South Island, so that could be a nice trip someday ^_^

Wah?! Noone knows about meaty pies? I am shocked.

Its been a while since I've eaten a pie though. You could say I'm in pie rehab :P

The world's a big place though. I could be pretty blown away by how some places are.

:O I've seen mini burgers!

Those mini gummy burgers XD

I know those things! You can take them apart! They make hot dogs and pizza too!

I'm pretty sure when we travel, we'll die from shock at how many people are in other places. There are more than 4 million people in single cities in America, let alone the entire country! I mean, I can imagine a lot of people. But I'm sure I'll still get a shock. Australia wasn't that different though. The South Island isn't all that extreme to be honest :P. I wonder what Stewart Island is like.

No, I like American chocolate better! I don't like German, Belgium, NZ... I like Hershey chocolate, mm cookies and cream. But it's so hard to come by here. Reeces Peanut Butter Cups too. I have one or two of each per year because I can never find them :(.

Ooh! I live like 30 minutes away from the Hershey factory in PA!

Ooh! I live like 30 minutes away from the Hershey factory in PA!

Really?? *squeal* *is jealous*

Yes, cookie dough straight out of the carton is AMAZING! You should eat it sometime. :yes: I don't really like miniburgers... They taste... weird. =\

Ha, I'd love to hear some of your foods and tastes and stuff, Madison and Stephanie. We can exchange random food tidbits. Food says so much about a culture... (And now I sound like my history teacher =P )

OK, well... pavlova... is yucky. It's meringue and usually has fruit on the top. http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z5/Koalagrey/pavlova1.jpg.

My friend who visited from Minnesota was obsessed with these. http://darwinstable.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/2q8658l.jpg. Meat pies! And mince, it doesn't mean those fruity Christmas ones, it's actually meat. I used to love mince and cheese.

Wow I'm drawing a blank. Oh! Vegemite! It's HILARIOUS feeding this to people who have never tried it before. They pull faces! I personally love it as do most New Zealanders but I guess if you aren't bought up on it, it's gross for some reason. It's a yeast spread... don't know what it tastes like. It just tastes like vegemite. It sort of looks bad, http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FNT-_PKRcfs/R-ui...00/vegemite.jpg but it's not!

Tons of Tip Tip ice-creams and Cadbury chocolates. Stephanie, help :P.

Really?? *squeal* *is jealous*

Yes, cookie dough straight out of the carton is AMAZING! You should eat it sometime. :yes: I don't really like miniburgers... They taste... weird. =\

Ha, I'd love to hear some of your foods and tastes and stuff, Madison and Stephanie. We can exchange random food tidbits. Food says so much about a culture... (And now I sound like my history teacher =P )

Haha yup, I do live really close. And Hershey Park is a lot of fun too :P

Miniburgers are good. The ones at my school taste better than the normal burgers they serve o_O

Who's Madison?

@amitybelle, the parvola actually looks kinda good. I'm not sure about the meat pies though lol.

No it's only in AUCKLAND. Everything is in AUCKLAND. AUCKLAND AUCKLAND AUCKLAND. No one loves the South Island. We used to get commercials adverstising it, but not anymore. It's so sad :(.

End of rant...

Yes! Cookie dough! I want to try this! And they have MINI BURGERS. That fit in your hand! Bite sizes! I don't know where from, though. We must investigate...

It's sad though. When I talk about steak pies, mince and cheese pies, no one knows what I'm talking about. They think pies are just dessert pies. But, no! And no one seems to know what mince is... what is it then? Ground mince/meat? Something like that.

I'd love to live in the states. You get movies and... stuff. The accents are prettyful! I love the South. And NY. And. Places. And Japan. Not that that's American. But I thought I'd add it anyway. And Egypt.

Dinner time. But not mini burgers :(.

Ahhh the accents. XD

But really, has anyone ever noticed that a large majority of people in movies sound like ME! And everyone else around Chicago.

Now, I'm not saying EVERYONE has a Chicagoan accent, but a good amount do. And don't ask me what a Chicagoan accent sounds like, becuase quite frankly, I can't tell.

Everyone else from other states however are always like, "OH You're from Chicago."

...As soon as I say hi to them. o_O

...Oh my. Vegemite. *shudders*

Hey, how many of you here have heard of and/or tried grits?

I personaly think they are amazing. It's more of a southern food though.

Yeah Laura, I agree with you. I think most people in movies sound like the way I talk, but when I go over to the west coast, everyone's like "Oh, you have an east coast accent." I mean, I know there's a southern accent and a new york accent, but I didn't know there was an east coast accent, or a west coast accent, for that matter.

I think a Swedish accent is pretty cool, and an Australian accent is also pretty sweet.

Yup, Madison's Amitybelle ;)

Do I have an accent? Hmmm......I don't know. :P

If you have a SUPER sweet tooth, you'll probably like pavlova but its disgusting in my opinion.

Uh......chips? Grain waves? Anyone heard of grain waves? XD

And kumara (the sweet potato?) though I don't think that's native :/

Hokey pokey ice cream, anzac biscuits and lots more!

I haven't tried vegemite. XP What does it taste like?

What are grits? It sounds... odd. But I am intrigued. My favourite American accent is Southern. Like Louisiana. DESPERATE to go there. I'd love to live there. I think it's beautiful. Does anyone here say y'all? I love that :P.

Grain waves. Epic nom! Sour cream and chives! And my dad is obsessed with hokey pokey. I like goody goody gum drops. Mm.

How can you not have tried vegemite?! You can buy tiny little sachet things at the supermarket. Get them!

Of course we have an accent! Everyone does. My mum hates it, as do I. She says we sound droney or something. But she's lived in France, England, New York, Australia... she only lives in NZ 'cause my dad loves it here. Silliness.

Grits are kind of like oatmeal, but not exactly the same. (Made out of different stuff, I think.) I've never been a big fan of grits, which is totally un-Southern, but that's just me. They taste okay. I'll always prefer oatmeal though. =]

Epic nom? Haha, epic win. =P

I say y'all sometimes, but I don't have a strong Southern accent. (I'm sure people from the North would think I do though.)

My accent is a mix of New Zealand (mainly), Australian, Malaysian, and a few different Asian countries. :yes: I used to travel around a lot. xD

Pshaw, I'm from the north, and I say y'all on these forums. I say it real life too.

But I suppose it doesn't help that I've got southern roots. I'm from Indiana originally, my dad is from Missouri, my grandma and grandpa are from Nebraska, and I've got aunts and uncles and cousins all over the south.

So, my accent sneaks in sometimes.

I'm from the north too, and if you say y'all in my school people just give you funny looks lol.

I have a pretty normal accent, I think. Not anything noticeable like southern or New York, but occasionally, a small Chinese accent will slip in there, Chinese being my first language (not that I remember it anymore, but oh well). Like I'll pronounce an 'r' like a 'l'. But that's only on rare occasions.