Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Yes I do... Does anyone know why carrots are orange?? Is there any particular reasons??

10 million years :O Well... I am just going to have to determine my own strangeness then *pulls out buzzer helmet*

Carrots are orange because their tissue contains a pigment that inhibits the reflection of certain light wavelengths. :nerd:

^^^^ Really?? Is there light in the ground??? o_O

No, but you see things because they reflect light into your eyes. Hence the pigments make the carrot orange. As for the actual biological purpose of the pigments, I can't be bothered to look that up. :P

:P I love doing that. In real life it annoys people, and stops them from bothering me so much.

No, but you see things because they reflect light into your eyes. Hence the pigments make the carrot orange. As for the actual biological purpose of the pigments, I can't be bothered to look that up. :P

The mind boggles :S

Lols.. tickling is great, a wonderful threat unless someone pulls it one me!!!

I'm lucky enough to be pretty much immune to tickling. XD

Random fact: there are two different types of tickling, the scientific terms for which are knismesis and gargalesis.

Oh yay, an invitation for poking! *loads rapid-fire poke cannons* :evil:

XD I need to get an assignment done for tomorrow and I'm busy messing with my search indexer's configuration instead.

Well if it's done by somebody who has very little experience... :P I'm kind of a poke war veteran, having inadvertently gotten caught up in several poke wars in the past.